How far is your commute?

Re:

Come rain hail or even snow, I'm out there 5 days a week, 4 with the odd WFH day. It's 12 miles each way, so 24 a day, a nice healthy total. All in central and SE London.

The only conditions that stop me is ice which thankfully is rare these days. Even wet snow is ok if you take it easy, the same with proper wind.

Edit...curse of writing about this, killed 2 rims last night with one new, unavoidable pothole in Deptford. I've never had 2 go at once. One of those small holes but perfectly shaped and deep for 26" wheels.

Que a hammer back at home and a few days of bumpy braking till the new set arrives :evil:

Re:

27 miles a day 3 to 4 days a week, usually 4, all year round whatever the weather. I ride a modern Genesis roadbike and a late 90s rigid GT Timberline with 1.75 semi slicks, both bikes have full guards. Road bike most days but the GT when conditions are very bad, but also at least once a week, usually Fridays, when I go the longer scenic route through the lanes. The rest of the week it's A road on the Genesis. I've been doing this for over 8 years, the first 5 on slick tyred retro MTBs, and it's become routine now. When I started it was 2 days a week. I run it too sometimes, bootcamp at lunch and the longer scenic route on the run home. That's a tough day.

Re:

I'm considering starting to bike it to work 7 miles each way so I'm liking this thread its motivational!

Kyle

Back