Hope ti glide 32h rear blue hub age guide

cromegaman

Dirt Disciple
20240416_142204.jpg

Can someone identify the year of manufacture/age range of my hope ti glide rear hub 32h? Its never been ridden on but was laced to a wheel. May have been mounted on a fork for display/demonstration but never had a cassette fitted or left the bike shop. I was hoping the decal could age it but haven't found anything clear.

Attachments

• 20240416_142208.jpg
    20240416_142208.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240416_142211.jpg
    20240416_142211.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
92/93

edit: looks used
Hi, it was laced to a wheel but never sold. I took the rim off, the scratch was unfortunately there before I inherited it. Its never had a cassette fitted. The skewer isn't original to the hub (that may be used) but the hub/wheel set up still had the original bike shop selling tags present.

Hi, it was laced to a wheel but never sold. I took the rim off, the scratch was unfortunately there before I inherited it. Its never had a cassette fitted. The skewer isn't original to the hub (that may be used) but the hub/wheel set up still had the original bike shop selling tags present.

I was just going by what looks like dirt under the end cap, and what looks like wear to the anodizing on the end cap face from being mounted.

I was just going by what looks like dirt under the end cap, and what looks like wear to the anodizing on the end cap face from being mounted.
Yes I agree, I fully understand in its life that looking at the marks on the end cap it could have been offered up to a bike at some point, but it never left the bike shop in its 30 years, was never sold. When the time comes to sell I'll be sure to accurately describe it. The other dust and grime etc is 30 years of storage

It's late/post '97 at least, it's got the revised free hub side machining - this is an earlier one from '96 ish, you can see the straight taper from flange to titanium tube whereas the blue one above is stepped:

53638680633_5c673126cf_b.jpg

I've edited the original thread to match our conversation. Although this isn't a for sale description it's best to be clearer

It's late/post '97 at least, it's got the revised free hub side machining - this is an earlier one from '96 ish, you can see the straight taper from flange to titanium tube whereas the blue one above is stepped:

53638680633_5c673126cf_b.jpg

Agreed, the green decal hubs are newer 👍

Here is a hub timeline which will help date it

Back