Holdsworth 'little blue book' of cycle parts...??

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Evening all. Me ol' dad is 80 next month, and I'm desperately trying to get together a memory box of all sorts cycle related for him, which is proving difficult as I can't mooch around my favourite vintage & collectables shops looking for treasure. So Ebay is my friend... :roll:

Anyway, back to the point, in passing when we were messaging today, he mentioned something about an old Holdsworth parts catalogue he remembered, blue, he thinks, about the size of a post card.. ?? Possibly A5...?? Mean anything to anyone, or better still, does anyone know of one? Needs to be mid to late 50's, if they existed...

Suitable payment obviously available, there's also funds for anything else interesting that maybe in lofts, especially if Midlands cycle club related, specifically Bournville CC.

Re:

Excellent! Trouble is, all this research is leading me off on tangents :LOL:

I'm also trying to find catalogues/artwork/posters for all the motorbikes he had, that I remember... well not the Francis Barnett Cruiser 80, that was before my time, but the BSA Lightning, and Triumph 21 bath tub... oh, happy days!! :cool:

I've seen all the 'Aids' books on line somewhere from first to last possibly. Kilgariff site?

When I was a lad, me and my clubmates always took a copy with us on runs so we could drool over it at cafe stops. No ides where all mine went!

Re:

Thank you for the answers, really appreciated, and very helpful, re. cycles and motorbikes!!

Pearson - Wow! That's amazing, too much to read through so will have a proper look tomorrow, that's just the ticket!

Old Ned - I have a feeling that's exactly the experience he is looking to relive :LOL:

I've got my Aids book from 1975, the prices look cheap but £49 for a set of Campag brakes then means a small fortune today!

Back