Holdsworth Frame Numbers Update

Do you think it could be even higher than the Professional and be a Professional SL made from Reynolds 531sl tubing which was re-named 531 professional...?... very nice gift 👌...I'd like one for Christmas..

I think that's got to be a range-topping 'Professional'. With those dropouts I don't think it can be anything else. Looks like a Campag. chainset and brake levers too. Nice gift, if you can sort it out..
Thank you for feedback, yes it's a Campag chainset with Weinman levers

Attachments

• IMG_20210621_152545.jpg
    IMG_20210621_152545.jpg
    511.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210621_152703.jpg
    IMG_20210621_152703.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 8
Those aren't just Weinnman levers.. they are top of the range Weinnman Carrera levers..Ohooo
And that saddle not just any old Sella Italia.. it's a Sella Italia Superleggera with alloy rails..Ahaaa

Last edited:
I should have done this before , apologies . I believe , an 83 Professional . 051638 .View attachment 550274
Number looks to be mid 83, although its on the back of the BB which is bit unusual, but they did move it around occasionally. Would need more photos to confirm model. That said the 83 model was distinctive and only available in white with the lug cut outs coloured in black. if the colour in the picture is white then looks promising, check out the info here, http://nkilgariff.com/Professional.htm

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello, I've just been given a Holdsworth by a friend who sadly is in ill health. I'm looking to restore the bike which is in poor, well used condition and has been repainted.
The frame number is 031971, which from this very helpful thread, I believe is 1981.
It has campagnolo rear dropouts and I have attatched pictures. Any idea what model it is as I'm looking to repaint and apply correct transfers. Kind regards
Interesting, I have just picked up something similar. I came to the same conclusion based on frame geometry. 39" wheel base and 16.5" rear stays, with 74 deg angels. It also has those two drillings in the rear drop out which are also chromed on the sides. Mine is a bit latter in 81 and has cut outs in the main lugs. Your could also check out the frame weight, mine is ~2kg, but the two Pro SL frames I have are less at ~1.8Kg. I believe the SL got the cut outs earlier than the std Pro. Decals can also be mis-leading, mine has 531ST decals, but look newer than the rest so I believe got changed. Also the SL had the gear cable running under the BB in 81 with the Std pro on top. s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600.jpg , One of the SL's came with 531 Pro decals, but that came out later, the 83 model is listed with this.

Interesting, I have just picked up something similar. I came to the same conclusion based on frame geometry. 39" wheel base and 16.5" rear stays, with 74 deg angels. It also has those two drillings in the rear drop out which are also chromed on the sides. Mine is a bit latter in 81 and has cut outs in the main lugs. Your could also check out the frame weight, mine is ~2kg, but the two Pro SL frames I have are less at ~1.8Kg. I believe the SL got the cut outs earlier than the std Pro. Decals can also be mis-leading, mine has 531ST decals, but look newer than the rest so I believe got changed. Also the SL had the gear cable running under the BB in 81 with the Std pro on top. View attachment 550800View attachment 550802View attachment 550803View attachment 550804, One of the SL's came with 531 Pro decals, but that came out later, the 83 model is listed with this.
Thanks for pictures, and measurements, very helpful and appreciated

Number looks to be mid 83, although its on the back of the BB which is bit unusual, but they did move it around occasionally. Would need more photos to confirm model. That said the 83 model was distinctive and only available in white with the lug cut outs coloured in black. if the colour in the picture is white then looks promising, check out the info here, http://nkilgariff.com/Professional
Thanks for that , and , for all your work here . It is a Pro , it was battered but unmistakable when I got it . P1050362.JPG

Back