help with identifying my peugeot bike

Andrewc

Retro Newbie
Hello, i am wondering if anybody can help please. i have recently bought a Peugeot road bike and i am trying to identify its model. the previous owner told me he had purchased it from new in 1986. apart from the saddle he told me it was completely original. it is a 24inch Carbolite 103 frame in ANC Halfords Teams colours with orange handle bar tape. It has CLB brakes with internally routed cable through the top tube to the rear brake, Huret front and rear derailleurs with a maillard helicomatic 6 speed cassette/ hub. The wheels are maillard hubs with Rigida rims and i think stainless steel spokes. the hubs are marked with 16 86. the frame number is clearly stamped on the bottom bracket and there is evidence of where a label was near the bottom bracket but it is sadly no longer there. i would be very grateful if any body can help with its identification. i am trying to upload some pictures to help but need to reduce their sizes first.

Attachments

• 1560699361923.jpg
    1560699361923.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,527
Re:

Hi,
you wont find it in the Peugeot catalogues as it was a special edition sold only through Halfords as a budget replica of the ANC Halfords team bikes ( Halfords sponsored cycling team ) . Obviously the only similarity was the colour scheme as it was based on the entry level model in the peugeot racers range which was called the `premiere`. Hope this helps.

Good evening, thank you very much for reply. I had searched the online catalogues and as you say I couldn't find it anywhere, now knowing why. Sadly my budget doesn't stretch to a high end steel frame peugeot so when this one came along with a £50 price tag, I decided to give it

Excellent buy, IMO. Carbolite frame, CLB brake set, aluminium rims, comfy-looking leather saddle and all in decent shape, by the looks of it. Should make a good all-round bike. I like it.

Re:

Good afternoon, I am wondering if I might have a little advice as to how to down pictures. I have taken several photos of my peugeot and had hoped to post them on here. Many thanks for any advice

Nice. Brings back memories of 1987.

Malcom Elliott counting his jerseys on telly, Joey Mclaughlin tearing up West Chevin Road, the Berlin prologue...

My first teen aged/adult bike was a Peugeot Premiere that I tried to make look as close to the team bikes as possible with yellow bar tape and a yellow seat cover.

This is more upmarket than the Premiere (certainly the 1987 version) as that had steel rims with no QRs.

Have fun.

Re: Re:

Andrewc":4llor4rj said:
Good afternoon, I am wondering if I might have a little advice as to how to down pictures. I have taken several photos of my peugeot and had hoped to post them on here. Many thanks for any advice
This is the procedure I use for posting a picture:

• upload the picture to a photo hosting site
    get the link to the picture
    get back here and open the "Full editor"
    click the "Img" button, which will place two codes between brackets [...][...]
    paste the link between the two codes, so it looks something like this: [...]https://picturelocationurl.jpg[...]

Use "Preview" to, erm, preview the results and submit if OK.

Good luck!

Bike Identity

Saw this and decided I needed to join Retrobike so I could give some in formation. I bought an Peugeot ANC Halfords bike in 1986 and still have the original receipt - 149.95 quid. I still have it! I can offer some further information. The missing sticker on the seat tube was a white Peugeot Cycles UK from Bedford sticker.

You have a special edition of a P10LS that never appeared in any of the Peugeot catalogue's. In 1986 the P10LS sold in the UK was in the catalogue as an Aubisque. The two bikes are almost identical other than a white rather that gold frame and orange seat and bar tape. The 1987 model was HLE tubing (with different pedals and rims as I recollect) rather than Carbolite 103. The 1986 frame decal only had red orange and white bands with no yellow band. Thats what you have in your pic. So I can tell you 100% you have a 1986 Peugeot P10LS as a special edition sold as an ANC Halfords bike, surprisingly only available from Halfords.

Brilliant bike, so enjoy it - I'm refurbishing mine at the moment and taking it to Eroica Britannia in 2021 along with my 1980s Ciocc for my gf to cycle

Attachments

• Aubisque P10LS 1986.png
    Aubisque P10LS 1986.png
    539.3 KB · Views: 422
Re:

I have a 1987 Peugeot Elite I have just converted to single speed as a "get to work by avoiding public transport bike".

If you look at your bottom bracket you will see a Y* prefix the star will be the year of the 1980s so mine is Y701 which is January 1987.

Check it out!

Back