Help please 1966 Bike,,,

wobbly

Retro Newbie
Left school in 1966 at age 15 and to get the 12 miles to work every day (and back) talked my parents into buying me a new bike (which would be my first ever new one)

I had drooled over a Rainbow Coloured Racing Bike in Stubbs of Leeds on Tong Road which seemed to be in the window for years, but oh no my parents bought me a Dawes, horrible thing in light Green, good bike though as it did the 24 miles a day easily and never even remembered repairing a puncture or even oiling it, then bought the Lambretta Li150 new in 1968 18 months later, reg was MUM 40F

Cant remember what happened to the Dawes, or much else from the late 60's for that matter,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Anyhow, here I am now aged 60 and still thinking of that Rainbow Coloured Racing Bike in Stubbs on Tong Road Leeds 12

Would like to add it to my collection of bikes which are currently a Specialized Road Bike (sadly in Red being a Leeds lad) a Giant XTC Mountain Bike and my faithfull old Gazelle Push Rod Brake 1950's which is built like a tank and weighs as much as one!

Anyhow, enough of that, can anyone rack their brains and let me know which make and model of racing bike I was drooling over back in the mid 60's in Rainbow Colours, as I wish to track one down and buy it before I am too old to pedal anymore,,,,,

First post, Hi my name is Dave

:D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back