Help needed , RockShox Judy ? (Warning: picture heavy)

There are a few JUDY files in my Gallery link (and has some cartridge service stuff)
But the SL stanchions look absolutely knackered.

Thanks for comments guys.

If I understand you well, and if I can get the other leg removed, I shouldn't use the fork?
Maybe a little cleaning and polishing will do the trick?

Thank you fluffychicken for the manual links, it may help.

My Rock Shox Judy XC

Here are some pictures of the Judy XC I received earlier.

From a quick view the forks seems to be in a good condition. The wear on one stanchion mat be a problem.
I am pretty sure the damper is blown on this one, since the dummy leg is loose. I am not sure if I can fix that.

Photo's:

1996RockShox640.jpg

1996RockShox641.jpg

1996RockShox643.jpg

1996RockShox644.jpg

1996RockShox647.jpg

1996RockShox650.jpg

1996RockShox652.jpg

1996RockShox653.jpg

If I am scrapping the forks, I will not scrap the boots, since they fit well to my Cinder Cone. I would just like to have a working Judy :)

Take courage....

I have some '97 New Old Stock Judy XC for sale... [in MTB for sale] I am asking 100 pounds for them.

Cheers,

Chaser.

Attachments

• rs_judy_xc_184.jpg
    rs_judy_xc_184.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3,790
I'm planning on stripping a 96 SL over the weekend. So might be able to share a bit of info. Will let you know what I find.

How did you get the adjuster caps out of the top of the fork, I'm really struggling to loosen them on mine.

Will let you know how i get on.

I am interested in your findings with your work with your '96 SL.

I was able to loosen one adjuster cap of the SL with an adjustable wrench an try to turn it very carefully. The cap is made of a plactic so damage is done easilly. The other one is stil in place, I couldn't loosen that one yet.

The caps of the XC were easy, I could turn them by hand. The schape is different also, they have an easy grip.

Back