Help me ID this hot red MTB?

Are you sure what you are seeing in the seat tube isn't just an alloy shim? Many a carbon frame had alloy shims and other parts like headset cups and drop outs glued in to them for strength where needed.
I tried to find any signs of carbon, but couldn't find them. Paint scratches show alloy underneath in a couple spots too.

Reminds me a bit of the old Peugeot "Alu-Carbon" carbon lug/alloy tube frames, see the link below for the one I had a few years back...

Wait a second! I just took a second look and this very similar to mine.
I took another close look at the frame and under a different lightning I found remnants of a removed sticker that said "TEHAVA PRODUCTION DEPT.". Seems like it's a dutch bike part distributor. Quick search didn't yield any results for a whole bike, but I'm still looking!

hi, just a guess, i think you may not be able to identify a proper brand or manufacturer, but there had been mid nineties quite many of those Carbon-Monocoque-style sold, often by no name brands.

Just as an example, this Bike called Trekking-Fox looks pretty similar
Trekking Fox Carbon wie Bing Ad aus Bike 1994.jpg

With that, also the Tehava name makes sense, they might have been the distributor or even owner of the brand "Fore", or someone trade company was behind "Fore" and used Tehava as source or retailer.

Just found this "Fore", a bit younger and regular Aluminum frame (not sure if from Kinesis), but also very likely a Taiwanese bike sold with a no-name brand here in Europe.
Fore Kinesis.jpg

hi, just a guess, i think you may not be able to identify a proper brand or manufacturer, but there had been mid nineties quite many of those Carbon-Monocoque-style sold, often by no name brands.

Just as an example, this Bike called Trekking-Fox looks pretty similar
View attachment 784949

With that, also the Tehava name makes sense, they might have been the distributor or even owner of the brand "Fore", or someone trade company was behind "Fore" and used Tehava as source or retailer.
Looks like Tehava launched a brand called "Fore" for their wheels line quite recently, so they might had been experimenting with the brand before https://www.tehava.com/en_US/blog/item/new-from-tehava-fore-high-quality-carbon-wheels-417/

I think yours is a good guess, it might be a no-name frame that the Tehave distributor used for some purpose like testing or marketing.

Here's a weird picture I manaed to take through the steerer tube, into the top tube. You can see where the tubes are joined.
I don't see any carbon in there, just this monocoque alloy all the way throughout the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_6839.jpg
    IMG_6839.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 11
Fear not, that is not an alloy frame.
It is definitely carbon.
Just uses aluminium sleeves at all the interfaces with other parts.

Fear not, that is not an alloy frame.
It is definitely carbon.
Just uses aluminium sleeves at all the interfaces with other parts.
Can you expand on that? Why do you think that?
I posted pictures of the tubing from inside. I've never had a carbon bike, so I don't know what I'm looking for, but the minor chips all around the bike show alloy underneath.

I think he's suggesting the same as me earlier. Basically there are often alloy tubes or insets in carbon frames where added strength is needed. Areas such as head tube (you don't want to split that nice carbon fitting a headset), bottom bracket shell (not sure it's a good idea to thread carbon in such a high load area) and seatpost (added strength for the leverage a post can put through a frame, even steel or alloy frames can crack here). Then there the drop outs, often alloy bonded into the carbon.

Yes there are hydro-formed alloy frames, but even these seem to have welds somewhere. Your frame has no welds anywhere that I can see.

I'd guess it's a carbon frame. The way I'd say is easiest and least invasive is to simply flick the main tubes with your fingers. Carbon would sound dull and dead, metal would ping.

Back