Help me build world lightest MTB

I will start at arounf 1.500 for frame and fork
That's 3.3lb
You're out of retro territory.
Very small retro frames may get you to just over 3lb they're probably all 3.3lb or so.
That's Cadex, Light Alu 'dale etc

Hit the modern era early 00's and you get scandium to play with and lighter Alu frames too.

Perhaps 1997 staying retro...
gets you the Scott Endorphin which I think is sub 3lb is 15" type sizes.
Just need to find some 150-250g forks and you're in.
:)

Fun.

Life is not all money, not all things can be bought, but many others can be done, with not as much if you provide the resources or people involved
"This is only the first post, and before to see if I need to made my own frameset ( so CAD design and manufacture prototyping of fiber carbon will be needed so a lot of money), now that I dont have too much money question is"
You dont have much money but are already considering making your own worlds lightest carbon frameset yourself? You must already have free access the the best pre preg carbon and an autoclave? And whats more you will put pre 95 parts on this worlds lightest bike?

"This is only the first post, and before to see if I need to made my own frameset ( so CAD design and manufacture prototyping of fiber carbon will be needed so a lot of money), now that I dont have too much money question is"
You dont have much money but are already considering making your own worlds lightest carbon frameset yourself? You must already have free access the the best pre preg carbon and an autoclave? And whats more you will put pre 95 parts on this worlds lightest bike?
only if they are light retro parts though.......

Are there any frameset in fiber carbon supporting 26" wheels, and preferably for cantillevers or v brakes ? (sub 1.0 Kg)
Are there any fork rigid in fiber carbon for 26" for cantilevers or v brakes (I only know DT Swiss 455 26 at about 600 gr
Target is 1.5 Kg frame + fork
In a word. No

gets you the Scott Endorphin which I think is sub 3lb is 15" type sizes.
Just need to find some 150-250g forks and you're in.

Endorphin is a frame with suspension
lighter road forks are about 300gr, so no way to get 150 to 250 gr, MTB lightest are 500 gr aprox

Dangerholm has got a modern HT Scale 29er down to 6.2 kilos. That's had shit loads of cash, expertise, custom components and time thrown at it. I'd not be surprised if it owes him €20000 (if it was a stand alone project). A rigid 26er you should be able to get well under 6 with the same sort of approach.

SebK's 4.5/.7/.8 kilo bike is an irrelevance. Unrideable in any sense of the word. I'm amazed he isn't dead based on some of his more questionable modifications. But then the bike never gets ridden, so maybe I'm not surprised.

Back