424.9 KB · Views: 132
  • f8.jpg
    f8.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 132
  • f7.jpg
    f7.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 131
Re:

Could well be. It's kinda crusty looking, but I like it, seems to have the sort of period parts you might expect.

Edit, just seen the serial number, which may suggest a Prestige/Clockwork? Maybe a Prestige badged as a Formula?
As with all things early Orange, the truth is out there somewhere, it just takes a bit of digging around to find it.

Re:

Thank you so much for that emjay!

I suspect it is a prestige, I have had one before and the tubing looks and sounds the same. It also has a super short head tube. I do some repairs for the local bike shop and this is just someone has pulled out of the shed and wants making rideable.

It’s got nice bits which all work (except the horrible chainset).

It’s v light.

Shame really but still if the customer wants it doing properly it could be an ace project.

Re:

Yeah, Prestige or Clockwork, possible December 89 frame? The give away for added decals for me is the Stalk one on the Flexstem so they probably bagged the Formula one at the same time. Maybe originally owned by a bike shop employee as they could get hold of decals.

Prestige would be the normal look, canti hanger and all that. (though Clockwork used it back then too, just to make it harder)
But nothing to say it wasn't a custom buy in, development version, badge team edition.

Check the fork, get them looked after. Most expensive part on that bike.

There are not many of them, but a few different designs.

Ask the owner if they know Lester ;-)

Anyway for anyone who's come here wfrom COVID and not quite read around, (some great great info BiTD in the turn of the 10s and before on this site)
But
Let's start here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152968

and then I'll leave this here, check the pictures
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=421&start=15

Interestingly, normally people would fit the small sticker in the correct place (seattube one) that say hand made by orange (heinx beans stlye) if they where just sticking the Formula.

Lover a good bit of is it/isn't it with Orange bikes.

Prestige I recon. Flex stem with orange decals added. Formula decal also added probably. Still fantastic bike regardless...and interesting one

Back