Help IDing some old Hope hydraulics

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":2217hfre said:
Nothing too unusual or bodged here, and all period correct and designed to work as you have it...... :cool:

Hope C2's, Front is a caliper number 1 with Pace fork specific adaper (Should have a P engraved on the bolted on part below the caliper) Rear is a number 2 caliper for use on non disc frames, the banjo and little alloy retainer are standard to that caliper and would have been supplied by Hope.........

Your kind of all or nothing with the setup, personally I'd get the brakes bled and new pads installed and enjoy.......

Nice thing is whilst the mounting and caliper shapes are a little unusual, they use all the same parts as more common calipers such as number 3 and 5 so there's years of spares out there for them and these rarer setups hold their value well.......... :D

Thanks for this - really useful!

I'm still trying to weigh up whether to go all or nothing with this frame. The limiting factor is whether I want to keep the fork or not.

Does the Number 1 caliper work with any forks other than the RC36?
Alternatively, I could replace the front brake with one that fits an IS mount, but presumably I'd need a spacer (between the hub locknut and the dropout) or modify the front hub somehow to take up the space that the caliper used to occupy? Is this possible?

Back