Help identifying bike

sawspud

Retro Newbie
Can anyone help me with identifying this bike? Other than the Dura-Ace AX components there are no other clues that I'm aware of. The downtube seems to have an interesting profile for an old frame.

I've not seen the bike other than in the pictures, but if you need any more information I can try and get hold of it.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Bottom Bracket.jpg
    Bottom Bracket.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Brake pull.jpg
    Brake pull.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Crank.jpg
    Crank.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Derailuer.jpg
    Derailuer.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Forks.jpg
    Forks.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Downtube.jpg
    Downtube.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 32
It's from the aero revolution period at the beginning of the 1980s. I've seen the down tube and bb on a number of Japanese bikes from the period - Koga/Araya etc, I'm fairly certain the tubing was Tange although something is telling me that Ishiwata made a similar section tubing set. Think that one company set had an aero section seat tube while the other didn't.

It's from the aero revolution period at the beginning of the 1980s. I've seen the down tube and bb on a number of Japanese bikes from the period - Koga/Araya etc, I'm fairly certain the tubing was Tange although something is telling me that Ishiwata made a similar section tubing set. Think that one company set had an aero section seat tube while the other didn't.
Thank you Jim. The owner is looking to sell - I'm going to try and talk him into not selling the parts individually! With a little TLC I would imagine it could look like new. I'll make sure he takes the bottle cage off though! :)

Latest posts

Back