Help ID Cannondale killer/delta V

bobby-gg

Retro Newbie
Guys, I've seen this fairly local to me and I've been trying to ID it.

I'm thinking around 1993/1994 but can't fully identify the year or the model.

It's got canti's, so pre '95, but straight blade headshok forks so post' 92.
I think it may have an xt rear mech, could be rapid fire shifters, but looks like a cheap crankset.
And, I can't find the colour scheme in any of the catalogues😢 Screenshot_20240217_172213_com.facebook.katana_1.jpg

I think the frame is from a Delta V 700/900/1000 from 1992 or 1993, as the lower headset is the large diameter aluminium one. It has been upgraded with a bit newer headshok fork. Possibly repainted frame, or a replacement frame as without the number designation. Or sold as a frame only from the factory. You can check the frame serial number from the bottom bracket shell and compare to https://vintagecannondale.com/info/serial_numbers/ to get the build year (if you buy it). Nice snowflake wheelset with Hope Ti hubs!

Last edited:
I think the frame is from a Delta V 700/900/1000 from 1992 or 1993, as the lower headset is the large diameter aluminium one. It has been upgraded with a bit newer headshok fork. Possibly repainted frame, or a replacement frame as without the number designation. Or sold as a frame only from the factory. You can check the frame serial number from the bottom bracket shell and compare to https://vintagecannondale.com/info/serial_numbers/ to get the build year (if you buy it). Nice snowflake wheelset with Hope Ti hubs!
Thank you, a replacement frame makes sense.

I'm still thinking about it, just finished my nightshift, so I'll sleep on it

a bit hard to say but the cranks look to me like Exage ES 520 from 1993
1993 Exage ES 520.jpg

All in all, this bike seem to be rather a combination of parts from different model years.

Just if this is worth of buying or not, is in my opinion quite heavily depending on the condition and performance of the Headshock fork. Something not possible to judge from the pictures.

Thanks for the info, I made the decision yesterday not to bother, after I couldn't find the colour scheme as a factory scheme and maybe something put together, it no longer floated my boat, especially considering it's something in steel I'd prefer.

Back