Help Gurus: Bike-Tech Ti Frame

Fatboy1974

Rocky Mountain Fan
Alpinestars Fan
Hello Ti gurus. I'm looking for a nice Ti frame, and found one suposedly a Bike-tech from 1997. Any info on that brand? Any idea about where could be welded?

Thank you

Any info on that brand?
Bike-Tech was a brand from Markus Storck, he started already in the 80ties to import bike parts and sold it at the small bike shop from his father in Frankfurt area, Germany.
Beginning of the 90ties he was the key Klein dealer in Germany.
bike-tech 1989-90 faltblatt 1.jpg
At this time he started to offer also own Bikes and nice parts with the name Bike-Tech.
Bike-tech Ad aus Bike 7 1992.jpg
Bike-Tech ad aus BW1994.jpg
1995 he has started a new brand called 2-Danger, but just for very limited time,
since 1996 he's using Storck as brand.
https://www.storck-bikes.com/en/history

Bart Brentjens American Eagle used to win Atlanta Olympic Gold in 96 medal was actually a custom aluminum frame from Storck.

So far on the brand, maybe fair to say is as well that not everyone could get along with Markus Storck well as he was always a bit of a busybody...

With regards to the mentioned bike.
1997 is very late, if not too late for a Bike-Tech bike, as Storck stopped producing Bike-Tech bikes already a bit earlier. 1996 already only two models, the Hikari and the Cross bike had been still offered.
There had been some Titanium prototypes shown at bike shows also roughly 95, but not sure if they ever started serial production.
Bike-Tech bike have been known for nice Toyo steel frames, no Aluminum and like said not sure about Titanium.

If you're not sure about origin of a potential offer, I would recommend to reach out to Storck to ask about their opinion. Maybe you will get an answer.

Last edited:
I had a conversation with Marcus at a trade show in which he mentioned he'd done design work for other companies titanium frames and obviously alloy too. Really interesting man

Shares a lot with the Rocky Mountains and Muddy Fox, you may notice they all have a similar look.
I assume RM had the style first, but not actually sure on that. Then BT and MF(Araya) had it from the Araya catalogues/makers etc.

Any info on the history?

There are a few catalogues (archive) and one topic somewhere. Certainly earlier 90s

No extra info at the moment. The perimetral weld at the nd of tubes make sme think it could be tappered tubes, with different thickness areas, but only an idea. I've been looking a lot in forums ( even in mtbnews.de) and no extra info. Toyo made a lot of frames in Steel for Biketech at that time, but I didn't find info on Ti ones made by Toyo ( I think Toyo also did RM frames). 2Danger ( also from Markus Storck) also did a Ti frame, but seems very different.
I also found a Emery Titanium frame with similar end tubes, that seemed 6/4 Ti and some identical details, but other differents. I have not seens this dropous anywhere. Only one Emery had similar dropouts. I've contacted via Facebook and Instagram with Markus Storck but no answer, yet....

Attachments

• Bike-tech TG11 11.jpg
    Bike-tech TG11 11.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Bike-tech TG11 4.jpg
    Bike-tech TG11 4.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Bike-tech TG11 17.jpg
    Bike-tech TG11 17.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Bike-tech TG11 3.jpg
    Bike-tech TG11 3.jpg