Heavy Tools HT Winner - Help

xX_whitegold_Xx

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone!

I was hoping some knowledgeable retro mtb nerds out there would be able to help me out. I recently got myself Heavy Tools HT Winner (year unknown). It appears to have had a fair few modifications done to it and I'm not sure what if anything is stock on it.

I'd really like to try to find out the model year of the bike. It appears to have been purchased in Rosenheim Bicycle shop way back when as a sticker is still present on the frame. The frame itself is a red oxide colour with a black fork if that's any help. I think the cockpit of the bike is probably still pretty original since it retains the original heavy tools grips which makes me think the bike is from around 1998 but I might be wrong.

Spec:
Cranks - mismatched but drive side is CPI 8 SQS Hi Performace 170mm 24/32/42T
Rear Mech - Alivio RD-MC14 from around 1996-1998
Front Mech - Alivio FD-MC14 from around 1996-1998
Seatpost - ??? The seat post that came with it was way too small. Does anybody know what size seat posts heavy tools take? Currently, I'm reading about 26.14mm - 26.16mm.
Break/Shifter - Acera X SB-M290 from approx 1998 but pretty damaged
Rear-wheel - Araya CV-7 laced to Shimano Deore LX FH-M550 from 1990-1992
Brakes - None
Seat - None

My goal is to restore the bike so that I can use it for trekking/bike packing so I'd like to add some modern gear to it. Any tips or suggestions would be super helpful.

Thanks guys!
Pictures coming soon

Latest posts

Back