Headshok headset...

davecara

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Theres a strong chance i'm being a numpty here but bear with me.....
Despite me always liking Cannondales, Ive never owned one with bouncy forks. Ive just bought a frame thats got a reducer headset fitted and rigid forks, theyre out and gone now so I'm in need of a standard headset for my headshock forks. From what I can glean off the interwebs, the standard headset is 2 cups and 2 sets of bearings. I cant see how the bearings are preloaded though? Cant just push it all tight and clamp the stem onto the steerer surely?

I’ll have a nose at that ta. It’s the lack of top cap that’s confusing me. I’ve built and assembled 100’s of bikes but never a headshok

Just had a quick look at that Canecreek site, that only pertains to standard A-Head type from what I can see. The Headshock doesnt seem to have a top cap to preload the bearings so i'm struggling to get my head around how it all works

Nothing on there unfortuanatly. I have however, just watched a YT vid from Ali Clarkson where he builds a gravelesque bike from a Killer V. It seems Cannondale used 2 sets of proprietry bearings that are a press fit into the cups and also pressed onto the steerer, So once assembled and everything pressed together no preload is needed on the bearings. Makes sense when you watch someone assemble it! Even if he did fit the cups with a block of wood the chimp!

Latest posts

Back