Hanger 'bout more Ebay price madness...

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am looking at postage, a few years back I posted afront mech to Australia and it only cost a couple of quid more than to the UK, has Brexit sent all postage prices to the UK through the roof????

Its probably ebay's global shipping programme.

Basically you sell an item, seller ships to the home country distribution centre. Ebay then forwards it onto the destination including any relevant taxes and their profit in their charge.

Hence why the price to the buyer ends up high, all you see is the item price and all these other charges rolled into the postage charge.

If you want one one, just ask the seller for a price shipped direct to the UK.

Saw another one fork mount cable stop from Italy £15 for the item and £40 for postage. Same thing from SJS about £18 posted... Madness

Ebays GSP thing is a crock… they are rumoured to repack stuff and ship it with the cheapest shipper possible (so also longest ship time..)
So as I buyer I ask the seller to NOT use the shipping program…. l refuse to use it

What really pees me of is that im selling a load of darkroom stuff that is going to cost me £30 + to post and they will only let me charge £11.00 max.There is no one who would move it for that. Its bulky and heavy. Some dope in e bay has decided that that is it with no reference to reality and then people get away with charging the earth for something small and that it seems is o.k.

Just increase the item price to reflect it?

Or sell with GSP, they will charge the earth for postage to your buyers abroad but you won't see any of it.

Latest posts

Back