Hands up who wants a san andreas!!!!

That looks nice. The colours look really cool. I'm liking the XC style now rather than downhill long travel suspension. So into the cave...........

The Judy's have been pulled apart and the travel has been reduced from 100mm right down to the minimum 60mm. The oil has been changed from 7.5 grade to 10 grade to help them damp better.
Also the rear shock has been moved to the lowest mount on the frame to sharpen the head angle.
And the seat subframe has been tipped back to the rearmost setting, don't know why? Just because its there to be tinkered with. :oops:

I took it out for a bimble through Martinshaw woods at Groby and guess what? It rides a whole lot better. :p It turns faster in the twisty bits and 60mm of front travel is plenty.
Also because it sits lower I don't need my Reg Dwight platforms to get off it. ;)

Andreas009.jpg

damn pretty bike ...just love em sooooo much.the whole black thing works very well.......if i didnt have 1 already i would be verry jealous :D

on a side note is it sad to want to swap my shock unit for a piggy back 1 cos they look more gadgety? :shock:

eg the noleen coil over 1 looked good ...would like that back methinks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 819
Twosted":1lgdgpd5 said:
That looks nice. The colours look really cool. I'm liking the XC style now rather than downhill long travel suspension. So into the cave...........

The Judy's have been pulled apart and the travel has been reduced from 100mm right down to the minimum 60mm. The oil has been changed from 7.5 grade to 10 grade to help them damp better.
Also the rear shock has been moved to the lowest mount on the frame to sharpen the head angle.
And the seat subframe has been tipped back to the rearmost setting, don't know why? Just because its there to be tinkered with. :oops:

I took it out for a bimble through Martinshaw woods at Groby and guess what? It rides a whole lot better. :p It turns faster in the twisty bits and 60mm of front travel is plenty.
Also because it sits lower I don't need my Reg Dwight platforms to get off it. ;)

Andreas009.jpg

You nailed my San Andreas image perfectly. Wonderful example of a very distinctive bike. Top job! :cool:

Thank you for your kind words doods. :oops: :cry: ;)
I had a picture in my head too of how it should be and it's very nearly there. Just need a black piggy back shock, Manitou maybe?
You can never have enough black.......
Andreas020.jpg

sorry to jump in with a question, but does anyone know for sure if those
factory polished frames came with our without a coat of clear lacquer?

many thanks.

brushed aluminum im afraid gave off a nice oxide dust after a while even after polishing.. :shock:

Back