Halson Inversion Forks

nice overhaul of the Halson Fork.
I still have to do the same with the one in my bike cave.

Now a bit late for you, but just came across a brochure from 1993 showing a bit of insights:
Halson Brochure 1993 Catalog 2-3.jpg

Boots cleaned and fitted ( Thanks Wesmamyke). The forks are now fully functional but now need cosmetically improving. Don't know if the fork legs under the clear boots would look better in black? 20210831_132844.jpg

Quite the transformation! I never realised the fork boots went all the way down the fork, but seeing them in the clear material makes it really obvious lol! I think the legs would look better in black, as the silver breaks the fork up in a weird way that the black boots hides.

Really cool fork, and great to see one saved :)

I quite like the contrast between the black and silver, shows off the separate parts better. The crown looks grey in the picture, i think it would look better the same black as the lower legs.

I quite like the contrast between the black and silver, shows off the separate parts better. The crown looks grey in the picture, i think it would look better the same black as the lower legs.
The crown will get a coat of matt/satin black as in the words of Visage...It has faded to grey. If I don't paint the upper legs they will get a clean and polish as they are alloy. I am thinking of getting the brace anodised to match the intended project but haven't made up my mind

Back