Gutted Rim need help!

GITANE80

Devout Dirtbag
Started to take the burner apart and start stripping it down and took the old amber wall tyres off to check for rim damage the rear wheel has a crack! :facepalm:
I'm not sure if they can fill weld it? It looks steel to me or is Alu?
You can see the from the pictures, but I'm gutted as I would have liked something else to have gone than the rim!
P1040053.jpg

P1040052.jpg

P1040051.jpg

P1040050.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHH,thats a shame thats happened,does it feel like a soft material if so its alu if not steel,try googling on how to repair a cracked alu rim or something,i had an araya that was like that years ago but i binned it.or look and see if you get a single one are they weinmann rims?

graham

Yep I'm looking for a new rear wheel red anodised one!
Yes they are the Weinmann 20" type alloy wheels.

If i spy one on my search on the forums i will give you a shout, so its a rear am looking for,are you on radbmx,its a good forum.

graham

hokuspokus74":1x1i8043 said:
If i spy one on my search on the forums i will give you a shout, so its a rear am looking for,are you on radbmx,its a good forum.

graham

PM replied mate!
Haven't been on RAD for about 6 years can't even remember login's anymore LOL!
Appreciate the look for me though mate! :D
Its defo a REAR one I'm looking for in Red!

Bin it. Looking at it i would say its alloy. Theres normaly bits kicking about on ebay ect but have heavy retro tax on some

It's aluminium as it's anodised. Steel will have different marks too.
I wouldn't even consider getting it repaired.

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN":uwabkhgn said:
You might need to register again as the forum was changed and every one had to be logged back in again and start from fresh

Cool I'll check in at some point been awhile since I last visited!

benjy":uwabkhgn said:
Bin it. Looking at it i would say its alloy. Theres normaly bits kicking about on ebay ect but have heavy retro tax on some

Yep been advised bide my time with this build/restore!

Rampage":uwabkhgn said:
It's aluminium as it's anodised. Steel will have different marks too.
I wouldn't even consider getting it repaired.

The crack is quite clean and even looks like Alu which is not worth fixing especially if the whole thing is buckled or not true?

My first purchase has arrived!
P1040144.jpg

P1040140.jpg

Not sure how to clean up the nicks and scuffs?

Hmmm not sure on that either,i will look into it to see what i find to see if there is a way to restore it in someway.did you contact that guy mark regarding the black powder-coating

Back