Gum tyres

Peds

Retro Newbie
Hi.
I have got a Team Banana Falcon bike that needs new tyres Which are Gum Tyres
Does anyone know where I can buy them from, either online or in East Sussex & how I should measure them to get the right size as I am guessing that they would be a special order.
Any advice would be great as I am not sure where I am going with this.
Many Thanks
Peds

Panaracer Pasela are available in gum wall, roll decently and last. They are also available in the old 27" size (UK road bikes pre-1980ish).
Check if your wheels are 27" (ETRTO 630) or 700C (ETRTO 622), it's on the tyre wall, and usually also written on the rim.

Panaracer Pasela are available in gum wall, roll decently and last. They are also available in the old 27" size (UK road bikes pre-1980ish).
Check if your wheels are 27" (ETRTO 630) or 700C (ETRTO 622), it's on the tyre wall, and usually also written on the rim.
Many Thanks for getting back to me Hamster. wasn't sure where I was going as there was no tyres on the bike when I got. but I think it is the 622 that I need to get.
I will let you know how I get on .
Many Thanks again
Cheers mate
peds

I like the Panaracer Gravel King 28mm. Comfy, fast and will take a rough road. It is brown rather than gum, but looks the part

Last edited:
Veloflex are fantastic, Corsas or the older Masters. Vittoria Corsas also excellent quality and a similar feel although they are pretty thin tread!

20220813_190711.jpg 20220813_190715.jpg once again. thanks for the help. in the end I went for the tubular tyres with the stick on gum tape. Almost ready for the road, just need to do the chain and the handlebar tape. Cheers, Peds.

Back