Guerciotti Sprint

HPL

Dirt Disciple
I got this bike as a bit of a salvage job a little over 2 years ago. Pretty much unmolested except it was stored near the ocean and practically every steel piece is rusted. Slowly replaced all the parts with cleaner versions. I need to take some finished photos, but haven't gotten around to it. The following photos are as I obtained the bike in an unrideable condition due to siezed chain, and brakes. Hubs and derailleurs seemed fine, but I overhauled and/or replaced nonetheless. Pretty much a Campy Victory/Triomphe equipped bike.
IMG_20190829_091855.jpg
IMG_20190829_092310.jpg
IMG_20190829_092353 (1).jpg
IMG_20190829_092641.jpg

Frame looks like an Alan, rebadged as guerciotti, which was quite a common practice especially in the Cyclo cross world, so it would seem the 2 companies had some sort of working relationship

Frame looks like an Alan, rebadged as guerciotti, which was quite a common practice especially in the Cyclo cross world, so it would seem the 2 companies had some sort of working relationship
I believe you are 100% correct. I found catalog examples in the Bulgier website from 1985 (called the GA 6100-Sprint), and 1988 (called GA Aluminum Sprint); also identical frames (and essentially components) in the Tommaso catalogs from 1985 (called the TA 5000 Record Aluminum), and 1988 (called the TA 5000 Record Sprint Aluminum). All models (Guerciotti and Tommaso) sported Campagnolo Victory/Triomphe groupsets (1985 & 1988 catalogs), or option of Shimano 105 in the 1988 catalogs which would have been the second year for 105 in; 1987 was year of introduction (although I have 105 parts dated 1986 year of manufacture on an '87 Nishiki). The catalogs were all from the American importer "Ten Speed Drive Imports" based in south Florida

Last edited:
Thanks @pigman and @Jesper !

I always wanted an ALAN frame or Vitus. Cool beans, now I guess I have one. Thanks for the catalog references; it looks exactly like my bike, frame, parts, and color.

Follow-up; I have the Tommaso version of your bike (black anodized tubing). I had to check it since I had not ridden it in about 3 years, and I couldn't remember the frame configuration. My bike is supposedly a 1986 model. I've had it for about 6 years; very nice handling and no comfort issue regarding riding an aluminum frame. Mine has all Triomphe parts except the shifters, seat post, and maybe hubs are Victory; Ambrosio stem and bar. I got it with Camp. Xenon pedals which are a later group after Victory and Triomphe groups were discontinued so I know that they are not original.

Last edited:
Reactions: HPL
Back