GT Zaskar 1994, Anodised Aqua Aluminium Handmade USA 19"

beardyboy

Retro Newbie
Selling my beautiful hardtail Zaskar which I've had for 20 years, as I will replace with a modern full suspension e-mtb to help me continue to climb the hills and tackle the terrain. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183528456413

Lovely bike to ride. Light, stable, agile and strong. 

This is one of the rarest GT Zaskar’s as anodised Aqua was only produced for one year in 1994.

Just had full service and the bike shop said it's in great condition. General usage scratches on the frame, some of the teeth on the sprockets a little worn, but no damage, hubs and brakes in good working condition, 7 spokes replaced on the rear wheel during the service. I have owned and used the bike since 1997 in Switzerland, mostly for forest trail short rides and some day rides in the alps. Not for down hill racing or jumps. Never jet washed and always kept in a dry garage so no rust.

GT Zaskar 1994, Anodised Aqua Aluminium Handmade USA Size 19
Frame: 6061 T6 Heat Treated Aluminium Handmade USA Size 19
Serial No. 01948589
Headset: Ahead Set Dia-Compe USA
Handlebar: Titec titanium handlebar
Stem: Kalloy (swapped out for more upright riding position)
Brakes: Shimano ST-M737
Brake Pads: Shimano XT M737
Front Shocks: Judy XC
Gears: Shimano Deore XT
Derailleur: Shimano RD-M737
Chain Ring: Shimano Hyperdrive-C
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT FC- M737
Pedals: PD-M525 click
Hubs: Shimano XT M737
Rims: Mavic 217
Saddle: Vetta made in Italy
Seat post: GT

I work in Reading, Guilford, Farnborough and Dartford, so could drop off nearby locations depending on when I visit my customers.

Attachments

• 20181005_170020608_iOS (Custom).jpg
    20181005_170020608_iOS (Custom).jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 500
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Nice but would probably be better to sell as a frame only and part out to get to that value...

I suspect you might be right about splitting the bike. I’m hoping there’s a color fan out there or someone who might want to buy the whole and split it out themselves as I don’t really have the confidence to take it apart or the patience to sell the individual components.

Re:

Issue you have is that the sum of parts don’t equal the total price of the bike. Usually buying a full bike is far cheaper not more expensive as like you say it takes time to split it up. As soon as a Zaskar is over £500 it doesn’t sell unless a very very nice spec. I’m sure you would have lots of interest at £300 ish as people then could split it out and keep the bits they want

like he said, you may get lucky if someone wants that exact one. Could take a while though.

Best of luck with the sale

Back