GT Karakoram 1990

Drfunkenstein57

Dirt Disciple
I was going to buy this bike myself, but the wife put her foot down, I already have 4 running bikes & several framesets.

This bike is currently for sale on Gumtree, £50 Back wheel is trashed but the rest of the bike looks in decent condition & would make a good project. It is the purple Haze frameset

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/gt-k ... 1370168494

The price is not too bad, & I hope someone will rescue it, onlt sorry that I can't

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-25 GT Karakoram 1990 in North Shields, Tyne and Wear Gumtree.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-25 GT Karakoram 1990 in North Shields, Tyne and Wear Gumtree.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 760
  • Screenshot_2020-05-25 GT Karakoram 1990 in North Shields, Tyne and Wear Gumtree.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-25 GT Karakoram 1990 in North Shields, Tyne and Wear Gumtree.png
    257 KB · Views: 674
Drfunkenstein57":p0e4riw4 said:
I was going to buy this bike myself, but the wife put her foot down, I already have 4 running bikes & several framesets.

This bike is currently for sale on Gumtree, £50 Back wheel is trashed but the rest of the bike looks in decent condition & would make a good project. It is the purple Haze frameset

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/gt-k ... 1370168494

The price is not too bad, & I hope someone will rescue it, onlt sorry that I can't

Consider it saved they only lived 5 minutes from my house :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_174710.jpg
    IMG_20200526_174710.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 510
Re:

He still had the original forks aswell which was a bonus, the rear wheel the spoke nipples had snapped so it might be saved. XT rear mech and DX front the rest is Deore LX.

Attachments

• IMG_20200526_184559.jpg
    IMG_20200526_184559.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 493
Re: Re:

chrisv40":escqskpp said:
So pleased you've saved that, it was mine and I still regret selling it.

As soon as i seen it on here and was in North Shields i checked the postcode and within half an hour it was back at mine, i love deals like that. It hasn't been maintained that well though, seatpost is stuck as is the stem and i'll guess the bb but that's part and parcel with these bikes lol
I'm going to refit the original forks and use the Mag 21's for a Team Scott i've had for ages needing forks. The bars will be for a cannondale project which has been on the back burner after that i'll hatch a build plan for it,the frame and forks and stem are in great condition just needs a good clean and polish really, always wanted another early GT in the collection after selling my Zaskars.

Re: Re:

Spanky22b":1axgu1bh said:
chrisv40":1axgu1bh said:
So pleased you've saved that, it was mine and I still regret selling it.

As soon as i seen it on here and was in North Shields i checked the postcode and within half an hour it was back at mine, i love deals like that. It hasn't been maintained that well though, seatpost is stuck as is the stem and i'll guess the bb but that's part and parcel with these bikes lol
I'm going to refit the original forks and use the Mag 21's for a Team Scott i've had for ages needing forks. The bars will be for a cannondale project which has been on the back burner after that i'll hatch a build plan for it,the frame and forks and stem are in great condition just needs a good clean and polish really, always wanted another early GT in the collection after selling my Zaskars.

Well done for getting it. I really wanted that one but live 100's of miles away and would have needed it posted.

Re:

Bargain! The saddle and chill pills are pretty much worth the cost of the whole bike :D

I also had one of these couple of years ago. It was not as nice looking as this one though, but rode well.

I gifted to one of my relatives to get around on. Promptly got nicked by one of his 'housemates' :facepalm:

Re:

Hopefully the seat post should move easily enough it was nearly new when I sold it.
Tyres were brand new too.

Back