Goldtec catalogue brochure for your pleasure

Re:

I believe they are the same as the later Sam/speedline hub, (solid metal rather than thenglued together one here, a bit likes HOPEs move to Mono/XC hubs from the Ti-Glides)

Anyway, you take the axle out and then use a special one off tool to remove them, It's a castle style tool, as in it is a tube with some high and low points.
You might be able to make one, I have an the tool so can take measurements. Think the 'manual' may even be in the archive as I think I scanned it in, I'll check.

Re:

It just sits over the big oil bushing, and a castle screw thingy keeps it there.
It's not a daft question though
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=168675&start=0

some pics off a search
Photoon2009-12-24at1108.jpg

Photoon2009-12-24at1109.jpg

jdmitch":2gvzb2nv said:
any update from @HarryCrumb ?
Thanks!

sorry for the delay

the black and gold one is my nos one and is the same as the one in the brochure, this type has a steel axle with sealed bearing on the none drive side, and a needle bearing that the axle runs directly onto at the drive side. The freehub body sits on a ti nitrate coated body, and runs directly onto that with the oil pictured as lube. The body just pushes on like a hope one.

the red hub in the other pics is a salesman sample, which is an example of the later version, where you can see the ti nitrate body screws in and also holds the freehub body in place as you can see

The black and gold ones are from around 1995

let me know if you have any more questions

Re:

dont know if everyone knows but these guys folded about 4 months ago. they were close to me in stoke on trent, newcastle area.
but local news tells me they have set up some where else in staffordshire, just dont know where yet.

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":1vi4engw said:
dont know if everyone knows but these guys folded about 4 months ago. they were close to me in stoke on trent, newcastle area.
but local news tells me they have set up some where else in staffordshire, just dont know where yet.

Interesting, keep us posted on what you find out

Back