Golden unicorn Explosif

ClassicDodo

Kona Fan
Whilst I know there are nominally better models, always had a soft spot for an Explosif. As my first Kona was a 92 Fire Mountain in a rather lovely shade of lime green, I always coveted the 92 Explosif in gold and today a slighty shabby one turned up 😁

IMG_2884.jpeg

IMG_2885.jpeg
Whilst clearly in need of some love it’s mostly original with the exception of:
- Saddle, crikey, anyone want it…
- Shifters/levers - replaced with XT rapidfire on right and no shifting at all on the left, hmmm
- Carbon bars
- Seatpost, whilst looks like an O beam has been chopped, why 😭
- combo cage is missing the repair kit but I have one with this, albeit without the bottle and also have some scruffy joes clips to put on.

Size wise I think it’s a 16” in 92 sizing when they where measuring t2t, it’s 17" and a bit c2t, so probably a bit small but actually a similar wheelbase to my 95 18” per the catalogues.

Unlike my 95 which was all about throwing my personal dream parts on this will be kept pretty original, only deviating where the correct parts cost too much, I want to keep this low budget and a lot of the time will be on the degriming.

IMG_2883.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpeg
    IMG_2880.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 22
Nice!
Original tyres look to have a lot of tread - so a low mileage bike?
The period Oakley sticker is proper 90's style.
This was up for a good price, looks like you got a good buy.

Nice!
Original tyres look to have a lot of tread - so a low mileage bike?
The period Oakley sticker is proper 90's style.
This was up for a good price, looks like you got a good buy.
I do quite like the Oakley sticker, normally I would whip a sticker straight off but this is a bit more nostalgic!

Haven't had a good look yet to check drivetrain for wear, but as per tyres it does appear to have had low use, I was quite surprised by the wining price I got it for given there was over 100 watchers.

I'm glad it ended up here, as I managed to resist temptation

Back