Gold Plated MF

Stressed

Muddy Fox Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It’s popped up many times in the eBay section here. Looks like a really nice bike, if I found it in someone’s shed for £500 I’d be tempted!

It’s probably the rarest one that’s been for sale recently, though some of the better known/more iconic albeit “lesser” MF models like the courier are on for top dollar, not sure how many are fetching. There was a pink aluminium pro went for just over £300 last week, thought that was a reasonable price for a really nice machine.

I wonder how recent it is that prices have starting going crazy.
I know more people are biking post COVID but the reasonable priced top end bikes seem few and far between

Yes, plenty of threads on here about these, its not the rare sought after version unfortunately, though still a nice frame.

I wonder how recent it is that prices have starting going crazy.
I know more people are biking post COVID but the reasonable priced top end bikes seem few and far between
My take is there were one or two of the early white couriers with yellow decals that went on eBay for £1k plus, since then anyone with something the same or similar to that has based their pricing on the “asked” prices. Only one of the £1k ones sold and that was to a best offer. Everything else has been sub £400 which in the main was still expensive IMO. My days of picking up a Courier prestige for £80 and an early S&G for £30 are long over!

Yeah. Retro biking has become an expensive business.
A decent quality XTR chainset if you buy individually is 600 and that’s before you have a bike.
Takes the fun out of it when you see a nice bike and you know it’s more than its parts to buy.
Still. As long as people pay it then there will be those that sell it.

Back