Girvin sussie forks - yey or nay?

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like they've been repainted.
They came in different sizes to fit different length headtubes, you need to check if it'll fit your frame or the angles will be all off . If you Google you'll find a chart with the sizes & appropriate headtube sizes.

Plus points.... Stiff, track well, very little brake dive. Looks different/ a bit "Marmite".

Negatives... Not that light, parts (pivot bushings etc) can be hard to get hold of now, you're stuck with using that stem.

I've had several sets of these over the years, Vector 1,2, and the Crosslinks. I much preferred the slightly later Crosslink forks tbh .

If the linkage stuff, bushings are in good condition, then yay.
As jimo says for me too. The ones below were on my 757 and were about the best ive used. And, not a fork-specific stem either.
Side-on they look badass, front -on..that marmite thing again!
Potential to pimp them up too, with a rear shock, like rock shox sid. Screenshot_20220513-204615_Gallery.jpg

Seems there's a bit to be wary of maybe. Those mahoosive cross-head cheap screws in the sides don't instil me with confidence...yet the spring and damper seem quality...

Seems there's a bit to be wary of maybe. Those mahoosive cross-head cheap screws in the sides don't instil me with confidence...yet the spring and damper seem quality...

I'm not sure those cross head coach bolts in the sides are original, I thought they were usually Allen bolts/cap head bolts??

If the forks were unmolested they'd be a more interesting proposition,

Back