Girvin forks ... with red attachment

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Girvin forks for sale....and oh look....they come with extras in the form of a frame....

With various posts about the 855 and 856 Proflex series I thought I’d put up this one. It’s been hanging alongside some ti frames and a couple of people have expressed interest. They always were stunning things - Bob Girvin really knew what he was doing, and this was a mighty strong, rigid yet light design. I got this to 25 lbs without really trying. It was SO fast and smooth, with none of the frame flex of the AMP B3-B4s. I bought this from Magic Cycles in 1996, and it did brilliantly on the South Downs alongside my B3 and Ti bikes, until elastomer rot set in and the bike was committed to the barn. There it has sat, but now with the elastomers available it may be time for it to gallop again. We’ve moved on to contemporary Enduro and DH bikes so I am thinning my retro collection. This is a medium - good for people 5’6” to 5’10”. No dints or cracks, since it is extremely low mileage. All the tiny dedicated parts are here - the cable stops and stuff - almost always missing from other frames and a pain to get. 175 gbp plus postage, I think. But tell me if that’s wrong....text to 0770 250 5256 or PM here for dibs....

Attachments

• 13F0B3F7-83C2-4489-A7FD-1B1D38644FD4.jpeg
    13F0B3F7-83C2-4489-A7FD-1B1D38644FD4.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 798
Re: Proflex 855 frame and Girvin forks

Good luck with the sale - sounds like an extremely fair price to me, and that frame and fork combo still looks like it means business!

Re: Proflex 855 frame and Girvin forks

Thanks Adroitstif - it was an extremely sorted design and they’ve been quite underrated for a long time. The forks usually go for 80-150 depending on condition, so I have pitched it quite low, but that’s just to somebody’s benefit...it would be great to have this running again but I just won’t get on to it with all the riding and building commitments I have....

Back