Giant Butte

Scvintage

Retro Guru
Snagged a Giant Butte today for $10. It’s a little dirty but in great original condition

Attachments

• 7C5FDDBC-0CD9-4959-9AD2-82A95E48046C.jpeg
    7C5FDDBC-0CD9-4959-9AD2-82A95E48046C.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,414
Re:

Sounds like a bart Simpson crank call.

Last name: but
Firs name: giant

Nice bike, worth it for the name alone ;)

Re:

Give your Butte a good clean and it should be a sweet ride, bet it can take some abuse.

Re:

My kids got a real kick out of it. My son washed it off and polished the paint, it’s a white pearl. Neat color combo with the blue decals. The rear dropouts are sort of a weird design.

I found a 91 catalogue for giant and this bike is not in there. Is it possible it’s older? Not really finding anything with google besides photos of similar bikes.

It’s looking like another weird year bike. 1989 giant has different logo. 1990 is mysterious, 1991 new line up.

I have a weird-o miyata also.. doesn’t really fit in the typical line up for brand.

I’m going off internet information, but apparently Giant & miyata are same company.

Re: Re:

jimo746":qnzra0yw said:
Give your Butte a good clean and it should be a sweet ride, bet it can take some abuse.

Funny, butt well below the belt....

Re:

Thank god funny things still exist. Wild guess is whoever was responsible for the name wasn’t familiar with “English”

Re: Re:

Scvintage":2aeee0k6 said:
Thank god funny things still exist. Wild guess is whoever was responsible for the name wasn’t familiar with “English”

:LOL: If the marketing dept. were familiar in English, they must have had a good laugh and went to their boss for approval very late Friday afternoon. Once that hoop was passed, full force production runs.

Re:

Bump...

I’m still not sure what’s the year of this bike. Anyone have a clue what year Giant made the Butte?

Re:

I sent giant customer service an email... lol, I hope the kid checking emails doesn’t think it’s a joke.

I typed; I have a pearl white giant butte and can’t figure out what year it is..

Back