Get a grip

I like ESI extra chunky grips a lot. I have ordered a straight handlebar and some grips to replace my drop bars because I prefer them. Its not retro mtb, though..

I like ESI extra chunky grips a lot. I have ordered a straight handlebar and some grips to replace my drop bars because I prefer them. Its not retro mtb, though..
ESI extra chunky are pretty appropriate for retro looks tbh, lots of colours as well. I liked them too but taking them off made me have a nervous breakdown.

True, they are impossible, I would just take a knife and cut them off..
Can be done pretty easily. Brake disc cleaner spray with a long plastic straw. Best way to fit them as well, lots of spray, push grip on and leave overnight to dry. Have never had one come loose using that method.

ODI longneck bmx grips are good as well. Same as the Attack just longer.

Can be done pretty easily. Brake disc cleaner spray with a long plastic straw. Best way to fit them as well, lots of spray, push grip on and leave overnight to dry. Have never had one come loose using that method.

ODI longneck bmx grips are good as well. Same as the Attack just
I use a glass cleaner to put them on. You just push the straw under the grip?

I use a glass cleaner to put them on. You just push the straw under the grip?

Yup, just one of the narrow ones that fit in the nozzle, like you get with wd40 etc.
Usually pretty easy to get under the edge of the grip and advance it as the grip loosens. Narrow wooden lollipop stick works as well. Much less chance of ripping grip than using a screwdriver.

Yup, just one of the narrow ones that fit in the nozzle, like you get with wd40 etc.
Usually pretty easy to get under the edge of the grip and advance it as the grip loosens. Narrow wooden lollipop stick works as well. Much less chance of ripping grip than using a screwdriver.
That felt personal 🤣

With enough force I could have made the grip a semi permanent piercing on my hand. Surely that'll be a trend soon enough? Rubberised hands.

Might end up getting hired as a fetishists plaything

Back