Genesis Tour De Fer 52cm - fantastic conditon

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Genesis Tour De Fer Touring/Gravel Bike 52cm
INCLUDES FRONT AND REAR RACKS, MUDGUARDS AND BOTTLE CAGE. If you don't want these please make me an offer without them.
Fantastic touring or (maybe) gravel bike - has 37c tyres on with mudguards, there’s more clearance available too on the front and maybe on the rear without the guards..
Has braze ons galore - 3 bottle cage mounts, one of which is a triple mount, spoke holder, rack and guard mounts, low rider mounts, kick stand mount etc.
Really nice to ride round town or around the world - not that I did that as I bought this new and haven’t ridden it much as I bought the wrong size. Made lots of upgrades anyway though!
All the threads have been chased and engineering grade stainless bolts fitted so they never rust - I do this on all my bikes.
There’s a few very small marks here and there but nothing obvious that jumps out, no dents or bends anywhere. I haven't used this bike heavily loaded.
There are several upgrades to the standard spec and these include:

Hope XC Stem - beautiful machined and very expensive!
Easton EA50 bars - only just purchased new recently
Paul Components Shifter perches with Dura Ace 9sp shifters - the Paul Component shifter perches are £100 on their own! Make the most reliable bombproof shifters you can buy.
Specialized bar ends
Vitoria Voyager Hyper 700c x 37c Kevlar tyres - £80 a pair, very light and grippy but very tough, not had any punctures.
Shimano Deore Trekking hydraulic brakes

I have also fitted some BRAND NEW parts from the new bike I bought to replace this, this includes:

- new wheels never ridden,
- new brake discs
- new saddle
- new Shimano cassette.

The current year for this bike costs £1100 and the spec isn’t as good as this bike (see here: https://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/genesis- ... vargn21400)

This is a bike that is ready to ride and will be reliable for a very long time, you won’t be disappointed.

NO POSTAGE AVAILABLE. Please don’t ask me to post it or box it up. I can possibly meet you somewhere, maybe half way, if you coming from a distance to pick it up.

Will take £550 from a RetroBike member. I am in Huddersfield and don't mind travelling a bit to hand it over.

Any questions please ask!! More photos available of course.

Attachments

• IMG_3777.JPG
    IMG_3777.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3779.JPG
    IMG_3779.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_3782.JPG
    IMG_3782.JPG
    537.8 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG