FS: GT Forté Titanium Road Frame and Fork

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru

GT Fortés are very similar to Edge frames. Edges were built in small numbers in the US by framebuilders contracted by GT and were polished; the Forté was built in Asia and was bead blasted. As far as I'm aware there is no other difference in terms of materials or construction - I've owned both and they're just as meticulously built.

The bead blast finish was looking tired when the frame arrived (but still not bad for a frame made circa '98...) but rather than get it re-done I hand brushed the frame and applied new-old-stock decals. It looks fantastic - I used three grades of abrasive, ending up with a satin frame.

The Edge fork is not original to the frame and isn't in as good condition. There's some sticky residue on it (from Sellotape?) but should come up well with some elbow-grease and there's enough thread for the frame.

Unfortunately I have not built or ridden the frame.

Measurements are:
55cm top tube centre-to-centre;
135mm head tube;
Seat tube is 59.5cm centre-to-top and 54 cm centre-to-centre.

Looking for Six hundred quid including UK post and I'll cheerfully talk to overseas buyers.

Re:

These are 1" steerer from memory? Wording suggests threaded - what material steerer tube?
What stack height headset could be run with the current forks?
What size seatpost required?
I was really not in the market, but it would nicely match the Lightning.

The Edge fork has a 185mm steerer of which 40mm is threaded. The headtube length gives you 50mm to play with, so I would have thought you'd be fine with a King Gripnut or similar? - I'm a bit limited I'm afraid, I've never fitted the forks (or even build the bike up ...)

The steerer is aluminium and the frame uses a 27.2 seat post.

Give me a nudge if there's anything else you need to know.

Back