FS Fat Chance Yo Eddy/Team Fat Chance SOLD!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
ok, so i'm gonna see what the response to this is, i need to clear some money for a big project next year, i love this bike but i don't ride it that much, currently only selling the frame, and it's not in front of me right now so i will have to confirm exact sizes, but it was sold to me a Medium size, now i'm not a Fat Chance aficionado so i believe this is chameleon fade?

the good, the paint is original and so are the stickers, rumour was i believe that in the latter years of fat city they used whatever stickers they had hence this being stickered as a "yo eddy" and a "team fat chance", for the age the paint is in reasonable condition and as you can see from the pic below on a sunny day it still glints fantastically. i'll check this to be sure but i don't think there are any rust issues. i should also point out that this frame has 1 1/8 headtube which means modern-ish builds with a usable suspension fork are possible meaning that even though it's retro it can be built as perfectly usable modern style bike if you wish.

the bad, yes it has war wounds in the paint, do not expect perfection, this has been ridden throughout it's life, if you want a perfect garage queen NOS frame then this isn't for you, from a distance it looks great, up close there are usual rub marks and paint chips. but the big thing is there is a dint in the top tube, it was sold to me like this and has been fine to ride.

here's my original build thread which has lots of frame pics, the condition is pretty much exactly the same as those pics
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=280231&hilit=+yo+eddy

£300 posted to the UK, frame only but includes the specific seatclamp etc.

hovering over the "submit" button for about 15 minutes now. :cry: should i? shouldn't i? don't mind if no one wants it to be honest, happy to keep it!

P1120833 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Re:

hey Claw,

no pm has come through yet from you but Jez has pm-ed me, i have told him that as you posted here first you have first refusal.

please also note that i will post a pic of the dent later as i can't find a pic of it.

Re:

various Pm's replied to, Claw currently has first refusal, will update pic of dint when i get home tonight

thanks for the interest :)

please note also that the rest of the bike will be up for sale once the frame has gone but the parts will be offered to the frame buyer first so don't bother dibbing any of that stuff yet!

:)

Re:

ok so here are some more pics taken this evening:-

this is the dent, it's where the light reflection changes on the top tube
IMG_8473 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8474 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8475 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

close up of the drive side seat stay, FYI all this was there when i got the frame
IMG_8476 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_8477 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8478 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8479 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8480 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr
IMG_8481 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

the original bolt was bent so i used a normal seatbolt with a nut, never got around to trimming it though, although it is the correct collar
IMG_8483 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Back