FS: 1989 Deore DX Groupset with FREE Pine Mountain...

boblo

Dirt Disciple
I have a Shimano Deore DX Groupset potentially for sale:

170mm Biopace Crankset 28/38/48
7 speed cassette 12/28
7 speed chain
Front/rear derailleurs
Thumbshifters
Front/rear brake levers and cantis
Pedals
Misc cables
Araya RM20's c/w dx hubs and q/r's

These all came off a 1989 18" Marin Pine Mountain (the pre Zolatane orange/grey one) which I could move on as well if there is interest. The kit is in pretty good condition considering the age but needs a good clean/fettle to get back to concours standard...

I'm interested in selling the lot if anyone fancies a full package. I've had the bike from new, bought from Phil Corley in MK in 1989 (IRC). It's mostly been garaged after an initial burst of riding as intended though it's had periods as a commuter, exped tourer and gravel grinder. It's currently built as a commuter/shopping bike. I'll return it to frame only or Deore DX build before sale depending on who wants what. I'm looking at £200 for the lot to preferably collected from pe6.

Please PM or post here if interested.

Thanks for reading.

Re:

wish i had a complete build for my 89. I think both these colors were only available in europe as I have never seen another in the States. Not sure if mine is a 18" or 19" though. Where did you measure from?

cheers

IMG_20170105_210729735yo.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

Re:

I'll measure mine again but IIRC, it's centre BB to centre to centre top tube. If you're looking for a build kit, I still have a pair of Arai RM20's and a full Deore Dx groupset still available from mine.

Re:

Marin typically measure bottom bracket centre to centre of top tube. With a long-ish head tube they seem bigger than they actually are.

GLWS.

Attachments

• pine.jpg
    pine.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 745
yup nice call! its a 17.5". I swear it feels like a 19" when riding though... Top-tube seemed long and I remember I was really hunched over. That build had a rigid fork and a 110 stem.

Back