Freddie Grubb project

ibob

Retro Guru
For sale, nice old Freddie Grubb frame in need of repair. I bought this on eBay in Nov 2007, used for several years used as a fixed gear commuter until one of the fork dropouts broke as I smacked into a pothole. I assume it could be repaired by a good framebuilder, but it was always a bit small for me so I'd like to pass it on as a project (sold as seen, obviously).

I think it's really pretty with lovely fancy lugs and a slightly faded & scuffed up purple and yellow paintjob, although if you were getting the fork repaired you might want to respray the whole thing at the same time. It has the Holdsworth-built 1956-1963 Freddie Grubb headbadge http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nkilgariff/FGimages/badges/FHG.jpg, but the later crossed-flags decal on the seattube (probably an incorrect replacement at some point).

Seattube is 22.5" c-c, 23" c-t. Top-tube is 22".

£50 ONO ideally collected from Stoke Newington / North London, or add the price of a courier if you're further away.

EDIT: Didn't work out couriering it, so withdrawn & listed on lfgss.com

Attachments

• freddie grubb.JPG
    freddie grubb.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,127
  • freddie grubb fork.JPG
    freddie grubb fork.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,127
Interested.
Is that the only damage? Only the photo suggests the rear drive side dropout has history.

Not as far as I'm aware, although I can't vouch for the previous owner. The two dropouts look the same and look fine to me, though. 120mm spacing, by the way. See attached photo.

You can see reflection, also some chipping to white paint undercoat and chipping to metal which has started to go a little brown with surface rust since it's been in storage (in the communal hallway...). I think a respray would sort that out.

Attachments

• dropouts.JPG
    dropouts.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,015
Hi just wondering is it still for sale? And would you consider posting to Norwich.....obviously I will cover cost of postage...

Hullo
Nick made contact on my behalf. Finally got me account open.
How far from Notting Hill do you live? I have an old school friend who lives there and could possibly help.
Mike Hodge
01934 713037 please make contact

Back