Frame identification (VENETO)

trucki03

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone, first time poster on this forum after it was recommended to me on Reddit.

I bought a Veneto frame a while back, and have since then completely upgraded it. Having found an interest in retro bike frames, I'm curious now as to the specifications of the frame in order to have all the correct measurements as I love the geometry. However, I can't identify it for the life of me. It does have an inscription (Urkula?? it's pretty faded)

Picture included. Apologies for the bad quality.

The frame was bought second-hand. At the time it was fitted with Mavic CXP 33s, an 8 speed 105 rear mech and 2x 105 front mech, an ultegra crankset, and dura-ace rim brakes. I could be able to send a picture of the groupset if I can find it somewhere, if that's something that would be helpful.

Cheers, and may your rides be filled with sun, smooth tarmac, and tailwinds.

Attachments

• wuy8f3rl19i61.jpg
    wuy8f3rl19i61.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 250
Re:

Kinda Looks like one of those 2000's Fort frames from the Czech republic. They were semi budget frames, good enough to ride seriously, but probably not to Race.

Not to be confused with today's Fort, which is a more handmade effort.

Not saying it is a Fort, but made in a similar vein/purpose/budget

Re: Re:

pigman":3fjym2h7 said:
Kinda Looks like one of those 2000's Fort frames from the Czech republic. They were semi budget frames, good enough to ride seriously, but probably not to Race.

Not to be confused with today's Fort, which is a more handmade effort.

Not saying it is a Fort, but made in a similar vein/purpose/budget

What makes you say that? Just aesthetics?

Re:

It's what today is known as orbea. Up to the early 00's, orbea marketed their bikes as Zeus in Spain, Orbea in France, and Veneto in Italy. I don't remember why this was, but about 15 years ago they changed and all bikes were know as Orbea, and the Zeus name was used for their own brand components. I can't see the writing, but the fork is exactly the same as one I had on a Zeus frame back in 2002 or thereabouts. I had a few Zeus alloy frames, Columbus altec and airplane tubesets. Decent bikes but two of mine cracked

foz":qilbkrfn said:
It's what today is known as orbea. Up to the early 00's, orbea marketed their bikes as Zeus in Spain, Orbea in France, and Veneto in Italy. I don't remember why this was, but about 15 years ago they changed and all bikes were know as Orbea, and the Zeus name was used for their own brand components. I can't see the writing, but the fork is exactly the same as one I had on a Zeus frame back in 2002 or thereabouts. I had a few Zeus alloy frames, Columbus altec and airplane tubesets. Decent bikes but two of mine cracked

Wow thanks. Using that info I've tracked down this frame https://www.culturevelo.com/Urkiola
Which might be a more modern version of the frame. What do you think?

Re:

That's probably a later version of the same model. The name is the only thing they have in common though. Urkiola is a national park in the Basque country. Orbea often use the same model name for a long time, over many years

foz":z36ylp14 said:
That's probably a later version of the same model. The name is the only thing they have in common though. Urkiola is a national park in the Basque country. Orbea often use the same model name for a long time, over many years

Makes sense. You've been super helpful, thanks

Back