frame and forks (rigid)

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
After the recent devastating news about a good friend and a cycling inspiration I have sworn to enter as many cycling events as possible next year, make this year's rehabilitation worth the pain. As well as doing the two 24 hour races in his honour there are a number of smaller charity events I want to take part in (well a 52km off road ride is small compared to 24 hours :LOL: ) and I want to challenge myself by using an old bike with no suspension and lack of modern comforts to make it a real challenge. (Not sure how well that will go as I haven't ridden a retro bike for a few years now after my accident in 2017 but then it wouldn't be a challenge else). For anyone that doesn't know I've been struggling in the health department recently after an old nemesis reared its ugly face - not quite as ugly as mine :LOL: - but after hearing the news about my friend I'm more determined than ever to beat it now. I'm back up to 15 mile rides so that's a start and physio is helping.

So I'm looking for a rigid frame and forks. I don't need anything super rare just something that I like the look of and hopefully I will be reasonably comfortable on. 20" frame although 21" should be ok as it will be doing longer rides so I'd rather have bigger than smaller and maximum budget is really £50 so not expecting anything special.

Anyone have anything that might fit the bill? Thankyou.

Re:

I did have a pine mountain. Ended up being too small for me which was gutting as I love the black and orange. :( . To be honest I've been searching for a Bolinas Ridge in the purple and green. I love them, it was the first retro bike I ever had (hence the name). I bought it because it was cheap and I was clueless back then about sizes so when I came to ride it that's how I learnt that a 15" frame is way too small for me :facepalm:

I've literally just bought a 1994 Muirwoods frame and forks (as if I haven't had enough of them in my time :roll: ) but I'm not going to complain about having another Marin. If something else came along that would be better for this then I'd get that but at least I have something if nothing else turns up.

LGF yeah the postage situation isn't ideal but if it came to it and something I really wanted came up I'd wait until things were a bit better, even if I have to wait a few months. There's no rush for it as the first event won't be until December, (aiming to do a hat trick for the hospice, 2 fun runs and a cycle in 3 days as couldn't do it last year because of the pain - positive thinking anyway) just keeping an eye out as I always seem to miss the bikes I really want and don't want to risk doing that again.

Got a Saracen Kili frame for sale in my for sale thread below, link to pics in the sale thread too. 19" frame though, but suited me quite well at 6'2" and a 32-33" inside leg. All boxed up and ready for the mail, though I see Parcel Force has halted its large parcel service, but could probably sort something out. No forks though sadly, but leaves you open to choice!

I am asking for more than the £50 you were saying your budget is but, if it is something that interests you, I am sure we could work something out given what you are intending to use a frame for.

Cheers

Re:

Thanks Whatley but been having a think about it and I'll probably just make do with this muirwoods. I've realised I can't afford what I really want but maybe if I get this built up and am able to ride retros a lot more again then I might look into selling a couple of my modern bikes to get something retro and nice. Thanks anyway.

Absolutely not a problem at all, good luck with the Muirwoods build, don't forget to let us have some pics when its done :cool:

Back