Fox Fit forks help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought a set recently that are mint but in parts. Initial reason for buying was spares for a set I have but they appear to be different so plan b is to build them and use them on another build.

A couple of questions:

Assembly. I'm fairly adept at working with rock shox and older fox, but never played with any fit forks (my other set i bought new and they've done about 4 miles on a garage queen so never had to do anything other than swap the lowers over as i needed v brake mounts). Aside from missing seals which i have, how do they go back together? Fit damper is fitted and appears to be working, but as they are not assembled, I should probably do some maintenance, but not sure how. Anyone got experience or can point me at a good resource?

Air side. This is not fitted, so need to pop it all back together. Again, anything I should be doing?

Lastly, I'm keen to understand the differences between the forks. My existing set has dials very similar to the old rlc type fork, with a black fit dial inside the lockout lever, and a compression dial below it all, and a red rebound dial at the bottom of the leg. The newer fork has the lower rebound dial (at least I assume it is), but the upper disk is simply a lever. I'm not sure what it does, assume its ctd but never had one like this so just want to know what it does functionally.

Cheers all.

Attachments

• PSX_20191216_195746.jpg
    PSX_20191216_195746.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 311
  • PSX_20191216_195719.jpg
    PSX_20191216_195719.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 311
Re:

Pics of the two dial types added. The rlc style ones dont say FIT but they are a fit damper as I bought them new.

Any ideas?

Back