Fox Alps 4 Cracked Shaft

npn

Retro Guru
My Schwinn Homegrown has one and it's not holding air. After careful examination, I found a hairline crack on the shaft.

I can't find any spare shafts anywhere... can those be repaired somehow?

I believe those were prone to cracks on the shaft. This is the second one I've seen like that. And yes there was at some point some after market shafts for sale on ebay but not anymore I guess.

This seller might have something but they don't know what they are from it seems and I'm not sure which bit you need🤷🏻‍♂️

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
He doesn't ship to the US unfortunately and honestly it doesn't look like the same item.

I recall someone mentioning that the cracked shaft can be "glued" somehow with epoxy but not sure how

Risse racing will fix that as part of a full rebuild... or you can try some jb weld.

Any ideas on how to fix it with jb weld? Isn't there a piston inside that slides flush so air doesn't leak? The rubber seal outside also slides tight.

Back