Found a helmet that fits like a glove!

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
And its expensive...

My trusty and comfy Giro Targa is looking a little old and battered, so I went for a trying on session down the LBS.

What on earth has happened to Giro? The medium sizes look fine but are too small, anything large size feels like having a wash basin on ones head.

So I tried a catlike, and what a good fit they are. Ordered a Whisper plus. I now should really sell something...

Im not familiar with that brand. Tried Giro thought the same as you, although clearly Im not as brainy since I use a medium.

I ended up with a MET. It fits fine and doesnt look too "special". Just not sure about their safety. Some people say they are compromised a bit. Still, fits bloody nicely.

Tried on quite a few Giro and MET's recently and came to the conclusion you have to look at the head range and well try them on even within the same brand.
Some met fit, some don't Some giro fit some don't

Their sizes (the range) is not consistent with the designation.

Funny things really, I never got on with Specialized helmets BITD, seemed to sit on top of my head, rather than round it...

Pick this one up in a couple of days, and it matches my bike (well, 2 of them...)

Just not sure about their safety. Some people say they are compromised a bit.

They all pass the same tests, so some people are talking out of the wrong orifice :)

Helmet makers change the shapes of things from time to time - I used to have a Specialized head, now I have a sort-of Giro head but Bell is better.

MikeD":puciv6m1 said:
Just not sure about their safety. Some people say they are compromised a bit.

They all pass the same tests, so some people are talking out of the wrong orifice :)

I thought the testing was done solely on the helmet without an head involved in the plot and so an helmet not fitting snuggly changed things....least thats how someone who should know described it to me. Said the compression suit fitting was the same craic, anything less than absolutely skin tight and it become a fashion accessory.

My glove fits like a hat:

feathers.gif

I belive that helmet fit is down to teh way you were born, c-section births have rounder heads and natural birth more oval.

In my experiance Giro & Specalised = c-section, this is compleatly un proven.

Back