Forks needed for '93 Rockhopper!!

Tobyedward

Retro Newbie
I have a '93 Rockhopper which has been relatively untouched, spec can be found at:

www. bikepedia .com/ QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1993&Brand=Specialized&Model=Rockhopper&Type=bike (I'VE HAD TO INTRODUCE A COUPLE OF SPACES AT THE BEGINNING AS I WASN'T ABLE TO POST URL)

I'm looking to get some front suspension (second hand or new) and I was told this was place to come for advice - I've been told the following:

'I believe your bike has a 1" steerer fork, ... you would need a 1" steerer tube fork. You don't want too much travel on your frame, it may not be suspension corrected & if it is then about 50mm max travel, no more.'

Can anyone recommend some decent forks for under £200 (new or used) that would be compatible, bearing in mind that I'm still using Vbrakes?

To correct a couple of things from my previous post...

1. I've measured the forks I believe that they are 1 1/4", but the only sizes I've seen are 1, 1 1/8 & 1.5" - have I got something wrong here or are there 1 1/4" forks out there?

2. The brakes are in fact cantilever brakes, not V-brakes and i don't want to switch to disc brakes yet.

So basically I'm still on the hunt for some forks and think I should limit the travel to 50mm as I was advised on Bike Radar.

Any thoughts anyone??

Back