Wanted Fork for 95 cinder cone - need advice

dkal

Retro Newbie
Hi retro experts - I already have another post on MTB Wanted looking for a threaded P2 to put on my 95 Cinder cone. Had a few replies but then silence....

I'll admit that when I first got a hankering to correct the fork on my old bike I had no idea it would be such a challenge to find the right one. But perhaps I have become too fixated on the P2! Any advice on what another suitable alternative would be? I am prepared to go threadless if I can find something with a long enough steerer - or even try suspension again if I can find something that works or can be restored. My MAIN goal is to get this thing riding again and for whatever solution I find to not only feel good but "feel" like it belongs on a 1995 Kona! At this point though, having scoured the internet for a while now, I am not sure what to look for or what my next steps should be. Attaching a pic from my other post - Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1691.jpeg
    IMG_1691.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I'd look for a Marzocchi Bomber Z2 or Z3 or Pace RC36. Both still have decent spares support. Rockshox Judy are a good fork but spares availability is more patchy these days.

Thanks - "spares support" is exactly why my preference would be to find a rigid fork but I will look at those. I guess another benefit would be that steerer would be interchangeable? Steerer length and type seems to be the biggest challenge. I actually found a threadless p2 at a local shop the other day. Snagged it but then found that the 7 and a quarter inch steerer would not be long enough.

Marzocchi buildt boltened crowns and press-fit ones. All press fit forks with single lowers / boltened braces are easy to re-press.

Attachments

• Box with Bomber Crowns.jpg
    Box with Bomber Crowns.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I have a 95 project 2 in bronze with a matching Velocity stem and also an Impact headset if you are interested.
Pm me.

Back