Foes Weasel 1996

OMFW that thing is so awesome. After stumbling across and old Foes I can't believe that you just stumbled across some cheap airlines to boot. That bike is gonna be a stunner, look forward to the finished build.

Wheels are now built with some old skinwall Tioga mud dawgs on them. Still trying to find the best solution for the small cable in the airlines rear derailleur, have tried a few alternatives but they haven’t worked well enough yet. But the stance and overall look of the bike seems very nice!

p5pb22317470.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fan of the Airlines system but the Weasel & Judy DH is a long time favourite combo !!

Looking so damn cool !!!

You should be able to make up a cable to replace that short one, have seen make your own length brake cables before, that doesn’t look so different

Little update. I managed to craft the wire by myself but it wasn’t as simple as I thought. It had to be 0.8-0.9mm in diameter and very flexible because it kind of curls around a small barrel. I found a roll of suitable stainless steel cable from ebay, soldered the ends for it from silver alloy and dremeled them into same shape as in the original one.

684B0E92-0AFF-445A-8C34-441C83A2B9F2.jpeg

Then I had to fix the internal mechanisms (pretty similar to shimano trigger shifter bits) as there was a small stopper broken, and also have an air piston seal custom made as it was leaking air though the air chamber when used.

991BD7E7-D565-4B65-BE93-DED846E31F3D.jpeg

So now it’s finally working properly and I’m just trying to fit the air hoses on the frame as neatly as possible. Should take a few weeks and the project is ready! The pffffssst sound is so cool, too bad I can’t add a short video here 😄

Back