Fillet brazed butted 531 repair needed. Any recommendations?

Peachy!

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Now then, I've got a Jack Taylor Tandem with 531 Tourist butted tubing in need of some TLC. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Preferably in the North?
IMG_3233.jpg IMG_3230.jpg

second one looks like torque loading across the braze, the base braze looks ok from the picture. Peel the paint and filler off and see if the frame is actually damaged.
first, ah bugger, at least it's in the thicker butting of the frame. I have no recommendation for repairs these days, Dave Hinde stopped doing it and starting selling plastic bikes :(.

I had a Mercian fillet brazed tandem from the early eighties, they are still building frames and doing repairs so maybe worth giving them a call.

20190830_141524.jpg

Just had a pleasant chat with Arthur Caygill, I’ll be popping up there next week for a quote

was going to say caygills... kevin winter isn't too far away either, or dave yates not a million miles away down in lincoln (I think!)

Ellis Briggs 🤔
I’m not sure but I don’t think they do anything themselves anymore, for a long time they used Bob Jackson but of course that ship has sailed.

I think Chris Marshall is still working from Bingley. PM me if you would like the 'phone number that I have for him.

Latest posts

Back