Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Did a 20 mile loop version of Velo's trails leading a mixed pack of 13 Edinburgh and Fife mtb'rs. Was a roaring success though great weather helped. They're now encouraging me to devise another loop so its out with the OS maps and Google Earth. Hopefully it'll be another good one to do with you lot aswell :D

New dundee trails loop is fun but short, it is a bit soft in places and will need time to bed in, only 1 km but a good little training ground, if a bit flat at the bottom. I do look at what is done and do find it hard to see where all the money was spent though. MTB track building seems a little overpriced, I guess a lot of it is spent in the tree clearing.

Movie was a bit duller than others, mainly because it was set in 5 different desert mountain locations that looked exactly the same other than the local population. Riding was good and they show a huge number of crashes - makes you realise how brave/crazy the top end freeriders are.

Got out on the bike yesterday for first time in nearly a month. Dipped my toe again into the Callender Estate trails - still pretty much 'motorway through the trees', although they've added 2 short sections (one rooty and one rock garden) that actually require you to switch on your brain. Shame they didn't build this stuff in from the start, a real missed opportunity (although I understand that it's aimed at families and minimum trail maintenance).

Also fitted a 30T raceface narrow/wide chainring in preparation for next months 'climb every mountain' Easter eggstravaganza. Going by yesterday's performance, it should help (although something bigger than 36T at the back would too!).

Dalkieth Country Park, part of the Buccleuch Estates of which Drumlanrig is part have anounced plans to build mtb trails within the park. This could be pretty good and close to me, I hope they dont fluff it like the Callendar Park trails that ZZ mentions !

Tentsmuir singletrack ride tomorrow.
10 o'clock at Leuchars train station.

I'm leading a group of twenty odd riders, if they all show up, around 20 miles worth of my local trails on Sunday 27th from 10am outside Halfords at Straiton retail park. Join me on this if you cant find a better ride to do.
Rides being run from within this lot:
http://www.meetup.com/mountainbikes-161
Good site that provides like minded souls for a huge variety of activities and past times.

Re:

no can do lads as much as I'm itchin to get out.

night out in stirling on saturday so will be a sair heid on sunday!

then next week we are hosting my cousins 40th birthday party so have a housful FFS so nae riding or biking!

hoping to get out weekend of the 9th but seeing that is the week before we go to New York will not be straying off fireroads lol.

been doing a couple of wee loops round toonhill woods over the last couple of weeks to get reaquainted with bikes.

Velo, might well join you for that on the Sunday, make a nice change of scenery too.

Back