Fife and Tayside rides thread

Don't have any means of contacting Shed other than on here as I just wanted to say I'll give today's ride out as miss :?

"Just for the record, I dont mind it pissing down while Im out but Im not so keen on setting out in it" :?

mornin lads,

slight sair heid so thought i could manage but then opened the curtains, eh naw!

it is chuckin it doon. as wi rob an mikee think best to give it a miss.

who's organising next weekends jaunt ?

can do early start next week no probs, Lomonds adventure Mike ?

Methinks it should be trails of Midlothian again or more specifically exploration of the Penicuik estate meeting up at the carpark by the main entrance. Only fair otherwise east coast rides are going to become Fife centric which is great for the fifers but will eventually pee off the non fifers who do all the travelling ;)

fair point mate. penicuik sounds good, is that tied into the Pentlands as well or would they be a seperate jaunt ?

Pentlands is a seperate jaunt and best tackled after a wee period of dry. Up on the hills can become a boggy mire during and immediately post downpour plus there is little cover.

Penicuik Estate is a private estate to the SW of Penicuik thats open to the public. BITD there was XC races held there that several MacRetro were involved in in their youth.

There are no mtb specific trails but there are lots of paths, official and otherwise that snake up down and around the forested valley of the estate.
I know some but not all and it would be good to explore.

So is next Sunday meeting up at the estate entrance about say 9ish acceptable to us all ?

velomaniac":1yfwwytk said:
Methinks it should be trails of Midlothian again or more specifically exploration of the Penicuik estate meeting up at the carpark by the main entrance. Only fair otherwise east coast rides are going to become Fife centric which is great for the fifers but will eventually pee off the non fifers who do all the travelling ;)

"pee off the non fifers who do all the travelling" You are joking right :shock:

Back