Ferrari to pull out of F1 next year!

Sounds good doesn't it, so why do Ferrari etc not just suddenly cut their spending. Err well how many redundencies, parts chains and sudden reorganisation to cater for all the alterations will it take and te time involved. Best to step out and regroup/reorganise than just throw in bad money while it happens or try and alter it for a better situation.

surely that would lead to more redundancies? better a cut back version than none at all?

F1

toadoftoadhall wrote:

What a bunch of tw@s it would be better off without the spoilt little people.

:LOL: :LOL: That makes me urinate myself that one! They are all spoilt little people in F1. There would be nobody left. By this I mean teams and owners and not including all drivers.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry still dribbling :LOL: :LOL:

Jamie

It's toys out of pram moments like this that reinforces why my motorsport of choice has 2 wheels. 125 GP racing and 600s / supersports...fantastic, and viable in a downturn.

Good riddance to bad rubbish :evil: :evil: I hope they leave. But F1 WILL BACK DOWN :x No single team is greater than the sport. no matter what the sport

There will be give and take on both sides, it's always the same- FiA wants X, teams want Z and the meet in the middle at Y. It's just hot air- Ferarri know it, Bernie knows it, Max knows it, every F1 fan in the world knows it. Unfortunately the damn sensationalist press (who I ******* despise more and more every day) don't know feck all as usual.

So, if they do leave (which the won't)-where to? Would love to see the Scuderia back in top flight Sportscar Racing again though- giving Audi, Lola-Aston and Peugoet a good run. Did anyone see the (pretty crap) Eurosport coverage (come back Motors TV) of the Spa 1000kms race on Sunday? What another great race, despite the organisers starting the race on Yellows and forgetting to let the cars starting from the pits start untileveryone had done a lap :roll: The Le Mans Series goes from strength to strength and the format is spot on- great looking cars, strategy, loads of overtaking etc. Le Mans 24hr is going to be an absolute classic this year. So Ferrari back to France as an LMP1 team?? Who knows. The return of the Tifosi at Le Sarthe would make for a good weekend away!

orange71":k1doh5n4 said:
Sounds good doesn't it, so why do Ferrari etc not just suddenly cut their spending. Err well how many redundencies, parts chains and sudden reorganisation to cater for all the alterations will it take and te time involved. Best to step out and regroup/reorganise than just throw in bad money while it happens or try and alter it for a better situation.

surely that would lead to more redundancies? better a cut back version than none at all?
Guess i'm missing a bit there.

Budget caps lead to lots of redundencies and it'll take time to get the companies spending down to the cap level and still run smoothly.
Since they'll be over the cap while they make all this happen, the company has little chance of winning the races due to technical restrictions (well proposed benefits to the people under the cap).
So what is the point in racing ? The company goes through crap, they loose sponsers and will not win races while still spending more than the others.
F1 is sport for spectators, but it's also first and formost, for the companies, a business to make money just like top division football.

Hence they may as well not race, save the money while they reorganise and come back with the correct setup.
It's easier to spend double and double your buisiness size than halve it*. Just look at any buisiness that is cutting staff, production etc.

It is not just a sport.

Of course Jenson etc in companies like BrawnGP that spend little would like the cap as they'll not have the budget next year that they did for this years cars development.

I'm not against caps at all, I just looking at it from both sides.

Renault & BMW are also against the budget caps and the double rules they bring.

I think that those double rules are very bad. There should be only one rule set for the sport.

FIA, Mosley & Ecclestone have too much power and I think that all the manufacturers should have left a few years ago and put up their own series.

tv companies will want to renagociate if ferrari pulls out .
and so sponsors too .

Chill guys, it won't happen. Bernie and Max know what they are doing. It's all part of the little game they play. Remember last time Ferrari threatened to break rank? Bernie gave them 80 million reasons in crisp notes to play ball.
Storm in a tea cup.

Si

Archangel":2kx2yb50 said:
Renault & BMW are also against the budget caps and the double rules they bring.

I think that those double rules are very bad. There should be only one rule set for the sport.

FIA, Mosley & Ecclestone have too much power and I think that all the manufacturers should have left a few years ago and put up their own series.

They have a point surely? I thought the F in Formula 1 was a series of rules? Surely more than one set of rules is racing on a handycap basis? Give the Force Indias et al a lap or two head start and then off go the faster cars?

Back