FAT CHANCE Titanium USA only

A tiny number of the first production ones in the very early 90s cracked and were replaced under warranty by FCC. There was a lot of production/destruction testing in the early days of Ti frame fabrication hence the gussets which appeared in 92-93. By 94 the Ti frames had evolved IMO to absolute perfection and gussets were not needed. Lots of people like the 92/93 gusset frames. Pretty sure the 93 L on ebay sold 😉
That’s really interesting about the gussets…being an owner of such a frame I always imagained it was an attempt to offer an approximation of double butted tubing - rather than reinforcement like a bontrager - every retrobike day is a old school day😎✅.

From memory only I had thread on the site way back and I believe another forum member on here damaged there FAT Ti frame.
These were cutting edge super cool frames (still are!) that moment in time. It could be the same thread or possibly one I had going on FATCOGS the actual welder ‘irobot’ joined in and wrote a mega mini essay on the whole fabrication / frame development process. Amazing skills and passion at FAT City.😎

Would of been curious to have seen the actual auction end with a sale price … I see there were 2 retracted bids ? … anyhow hope it get’s built up and ridden - appreciated as these frames deserve.

By comparison I read a thread a few years back from an ex FCC guy who said Gary Klein fobbed off customers who’s frames cracked ( quite a few ) as he started out close to FCC, think they even shared the same dumpster back then.

It was a fascinating learning process back in the early days. Even today Ti frame fabrication has not moved on. The only real difference apart from geo and disk brake tabs is the butted Ti tubing is made like that in the factory, whereas FCC was ‘hand lathing’ every Ti tubing butt, a very costly time consuming process. The frames were afaik the most expensive Ti frames bitd and correspondingly prob why so few sold. I could not afford one back then 😩 but they certainly lived upto the hype ride wise when I could. Got 3 and nothing rides as nice. 😁

Still have the listing as a tab. It say's ENDED over the Thumbnail and below "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." So I dont think it sold. Tried to message seller when listing first appeared and never got a response.

Still have the listing as a tab. It say's ENDED over the Thumbnail and below "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." So I dont think it sold. Tried to message seller when listing first appeared and never got a response.
Out of curiosity to see if I could search for my old thread on FATCogs forum - and spotted that somebody had also reached out to seller with no response.

That is simply what you put when you've accepted an offer out of ebay, so seeing that makes me think it was sold.

A tiny number of the first production ones in the very early 90s cracked and were replaced under warranty by FCC. There was a lot of production/destruction testing in the early days of Ti frame fabrication hence the gussets which appeared in 92-93. By 94 the Ti frames had evolved IMO to absolute perfection and gussets were not needed. Lots of people like the 92/93 gusset frames. Pretty sure the 93 L on ebay sold 😉
I bought this today. It was listed locally on Craigslist Cape Cod. Came with seat post and clamp and original shipping box

Back