Fast Rock (& roll) around 1995. Turn to Sunn with Tox ... Cough ...cough!!🤧 to a Yo Eddy and this is the end of retro and bicycle CV.

Sometimes you find in the most eviden place the most difficult part: I went to the same shop and get this strange thing: it is made of steel 😯 ant it is quite nice except for the quick release. A very difficult part to find but easy in this case, it is quite rare measure (seat post 26.4)
EAADDF3D-9641-4AD0-9E2A-2777E709840E.jpeg

Ummm easy way … change in the same shop (very nice one 😌)the ritchey comp 27.0 of the Fast Rock for a XLC 26,4 with no soul … It is not bad, but has less details than a Ford Fiesta 🙁But it is free and new, so it will be in the bicycle.

I need some pedals, those ones looks awful 😅 C1932301-AE7C-4690-9C0E-DE5AF0AD959B.jpeg

And it is finished. I had some problems with the head set but yesterday I have changed to a ritchey and works fine.
It is a quite long bicycle. I think I have to left the 27.5 and start riding this in easy roads and paths this winter and the new stuff for the spring and summer. I like how it looks despite it has mixed parts but works quite fine. Avid Arch Rival still have a strong power, the Shimano XT works like a dream ...the grip shift too, the fork is quite good despite the modern stuff and I think this for 40-50km in easy paths and roads is perfect.

This will stay with me, it is not like the BH- Grisley Mega or the GT, this is near brand new (frame, wheels, stem, gripshift saddle, seat post etc are new) and feels quite good 🥰 Back to the future ? 😅Why not ... it is like in the 90s when you buy a new bicycle and feel good 🙂

Sunn.jpeg

What happen with me :confused: I have made a mistake.

Well, the frame has gone and parts will go out.

The bicycle perform better than the Marin, but it is not even close to a ETSX or a Element from 2006-2007, and less close to the new stuff.
The thing is: I have made the bicycle to ride it, not to look at it.

So, for me the bicycle has to look nice like this one but has to ride like a modern one. And this is not the bicycle. The Team Issue will be with me to remind me that I don´t have to buy more retro stuff. I´m out of the retro world.

... well, not really 😅 I´m more in to the neo -retro. So my last project will be ... a modern Yo Eddy Ti in 27.5 normal tire 😍 Looks retro ... well looks very nice, but modern geo ... I have to wait several months but it will be my last bicycle. Titanium is Eternal ... some said. 😅

1684060404801.jpeg

Got to love nos looking xt m737 stuff.
It will be for sale in wallapop, perhaps this afternoon. It is easy to sell in that platform because the shipping is allready close. You only have to go to a local mail shop and show a code. That is all.

One thing I have order in the new frame is front derailleur routing. I think I will go for 2 or even 3 chainring system. It is the best for steep mountains. I don´t really see the advantages of 12 speeds over 10x2 or 10x3. And I have one with 12 speeds but ... not my cup of tea.

The bicycle that has killed this Sunn was the Element. I feel so good riding this agile MTB that I really don´t like anything less.

And this is the end of this threat. The search of the perfect bicycle has ended in a custom one. I didn´t whanted a retro bicycle, I wanted the feeling of the 90s and in my mind was better than in real life. 😅 But we can still have that feeling ...

Last edited:
May 2023 ... Dic 2023. I have the Holly grial of the moderns and retro bicycles. A Ti Yo Eddie 27.5. Looks like in the 90´s but rides like a moderns bicycle. Not finished yet. I´m done with the retro stuff, this is what I was always trying to find: Retro has good looking and good memories but today the ride is not as we think but this one yes, looks and rides like no other :)

I miss a lot my ex-Megamo radical, but this one will make me forget that one.

1.jpg

Whell, for me it is the end of retro stuff ... it is so nice. This will never disapoint me. Looks like the bicycle I have ever wanted. This was in my dreams in the 90s, 00s and now. I like how it looks but rides as it looks, that was the problem with retro stuff. I like to built a nice bicycle but I also like to ride and have fun. So this is it. ❤️

The tires, Maxxis Ikon, are good but the Rocket ron are faster so I will change that. This is for fast twisty single tracks and long distances. Lot of funn ... if the weather is not as bad as this couple of months ... Only 3 times, the rest all mud with a Rock Rider 530ST, my mud bicycle.Yes, this will see little moisture🫣

1madjh.jpg

Back